SOLVED: MLE setup problems

This is a FORK of the CMS Made Simple project and is not oficially supported in any way by the CMS Made Simple development team.
RJK
Forum Members
Forum Members

SOLVED: MLE setup problems

Post by RJK »

I'm having big problems right now, and unfortunately after a complete reinstall this morning nothing is any better. I'm obviously missing something....can you help?

Here's the setup: MLE 1.6.6. with the latest versions of Gallery, FormBuilder, FormBrowser, and Captcha. Running in French & English with English as the default language. MLE config syntax and MLE DB installation are testing OK.

Issues:
1. From the admin page I can view all page content via the screen in which you enter it. Viewing the live site though, although the template appears, there is absolutely no content.
2. Upon switching from the default English to the French version I also see no text. So too, upon selecting any French link, the url switches back to the English version.

The first issue I have no idea on.

The second issue is I think due to the .htaccess and possibly config.php files. I've attached my  .htaccess, config and template files. Maybe the first issues is tied in with this. I've put together the htaccess and config files after reading through the forum and documentation this morning...I think / thought they were correct.

Any help very, very much appreciated!

Richard

Edit:
Also, here's my config_lang.php which looks OK...:
$hls = array(
'en_US' => array(
'locale_cms'=>'en_US',
'block'=>'en',
'parent'=>'en',
'flag'=>'',
'text'=>'English',
'locale'=>'en_US.UTF-8'
),
'fr' => array(
'locale_cms'=>'fr',
'block'=>'fr',
'parent'=>'fr',
'flag'=>'',
'text'=>'Français (French)',
'locale'=>'fr_FR.UTF-8'
),
);
?>
Attachments

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Last edited by RJK on Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peciura

Re: MLE setup problems

Post by Peciura »

So too, upon selecting any French link, the url switches back to the English version.
For some reason it can not find French content. My guess - lang modifier is not set properly. Just to keep up with language definition standards, i would change part of config_lang.php

Code: Select all

'fr' => array(
   'locale_cms'=>'fr',
to

'fr_FR' => array(
   'locale_cms'=>'fr_FR',
Your attachments "htaccess.txt"=="config.txt".
Also link to your page would help and may be page with

{get_template_vars}
RJK
Forum Members
Forum Members

SOLVED Re: MLE setup problems

Post by RJK »

Thanks for taking the time to reply  -  it's apreciated. In the end I decided to do a fresh install as I had a couple of other 'things' happening. It seemed quicker to start afresh than try to work out the issues / what I had done.

Right now I have English and French working just fine and am slowly adding modules / functionality. We'll see if I manage to complete it without the same things happening again!
Thanks again.

Return to “[locked] CMSMS MLE fork”