[Solved]MLE and newest News-Article

This is a FORK of the CMS Made Simple project and is not oficially supported in any way by the CMS Made Simple development team.
konsument
Forum Members
Forum Members

[Solved]MLE and newest News-Article

Post by konsument »

Hi all,

I have a problem with displaying the newest article. If I use articleid="-1" it displays the newest article for both languages. Isnt there a possibility to get it a different way instead of using the articleid-method?
Last edited by konsument on Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alby

Re: MLE and newest News-Article

Post by alby »

konsument wrote: I have a problem with displaying the newest article. If I use articleid="-1" it displays the newest article for both languages. Isnt there a possibility to get it a different way instead of using the articleid-method?
Are you try with number=1 ?

Alby
konsument
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by konsument »

Hi Alby,

1 doesnt work.

heres what the module help says:
Help for the News module wrote: (optional) articleid="" - This parameter is only applicable to the detail view. It allows specifying which news article to display in detail mode. If the special value -1 is used, the system will display the newest, published, non expired article.
This works well, but it shows the newest article for both languages. E.g if I puplish an article first in english and afterwards in italian, I get the italian article in english template (which is normal because the newest article is the italian article).

I need something which displays the newest article of each news category (lang). But I got the feeling this isnt easy to implement.  ???
konsument
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by konsument »

Nice and easy!  :D .Thank you!

Return to “[locked] CMSMS MLE fork”