feature request - ability to get author email and name

Talk about writing modules and plugins for CMS Made Simple, or about specific core functionality. This board is for PHP programmers that are contributing to CMSMS not for site developers
anonymous coward

Post by anonymous coward »

I have not searched to see if either of these are mentioned elsewhere, I probably should have but I am somewhat lazy, and as an anonymous coward my life is much simplier :)

When getting a document why cant the sql query resemble something like:
(modified from lib/content.functions.php)
$query = "SELECT a.last_name,a.first_name,a.email,p.page_id,
p.page_content, p.page_title, p.page_type, p.head_tags, t.template_id,
t.stylesheet, t.template_content FROM ".cms_db_prefix()."pages p,".cms_db_prefix()."users a INNER JOIN ".cms_db_prefix()."templates t ON p.template_id = t.template_id WHERE (p.page_id = ".$tpl_name." OR p.page_alias=".$db->qstr($tpl_name).") AND p.active = 1";

And then set $firstname = $list[first_name]; etc for last name and email. Do the regex replace (like title is) and poof.

This would give people the ability to place in their templates {firstname} ... Handy for META author tags, or just anywhere you want this.

If this functionality is in there I had a difficult time locating it (all the SQL queries I saw did not appear to pull this info. This is working in my evaluation site of CMSMS.
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

There are some tweaks to work out with that, but, yeah, it's a good idea. I'll see what I can do to put that in.

Thanks!

Return to “Developers Discussion”