Creating Templates

Talk about writing modules and plugins for CMS Made Simple, or about specific core functionality. This board is for PHP programmers that are contributing to CMSMS not for site developers
MV

Creating Templates

Post by MV »

Where is the default template files located at? If I know where the files are located, I can use them as a guide to create my own template. Which files are needed and/or needed to be mortified. I hate to keep having to compare this to e107, but in e107, it has a directory for the templates in their own folder. I can’t seem to find anything similar.

And if someone could be kind enough to help me get started in creating my own template, it would be much appreciated. I don’t mean a long how-to this and that and how-to create a layout. Just something brief, i.e. specs for the .psd layout to make it easier to port over and how to port the layout over. What files to edit/create etc.

I hope I’m not asking too much, especially not being registered. I just hate having to register and logging in. My site will not have it as a requirement and I hope this site doesn’t change to a membership system. :)
MV

Creating Templates

Post by MV »

Nevermind about the location of the files. Just found out it's in the Admin section. :lol:

But I still would like to know how to keep track of the layout images and where to place them.
Bewbs

Creating Templates

Post by Bewbs »

you could create subfolders within the main images directory.

./images/
./images/yourtemplate
MV

Creating Templates

Post by MV »

Where's the codes for the admin template page? The codes used for this site?

Return to “Developers Discussion”