Announcing CMS Made Simple 1.2 Beta 3

Project Announcements. This is read-only, as in... not for problems/bugs/feature request.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Announcing CMS Made Simple 1.2 Beta 3

Post by calguy1000 »

Okay.  the number of changes in this beta are relatively few, we've fixed the installing of the Printing module, and done some significant enhancements to the printing module itself (thank you Sil).

I intend this to be the LAST beta of CMS Made simple, and intend the official version of 1.2 to come out on Friday evening (my time). 
[modified]The only forseeable way that there would be a fourth beta is if this beta is significantly broken as compared to the previous one.[/modified]

Please test this version as much as possible.  and also, please test upgrading from previous versions as well, it's important.  Please remember we intend this to be the LAST version of the 1.x series, and want to spend all of our efforts in the 2.0 series.  The feature list in the 2.0 series is significant enough that you should encourage us to do this.  To that end, we will be hard pressed to fix, (and will probably sit on for a while) issues that should have been caught in the testing phase.  Especially if you didn't participate in the beta, or in the development.

If you haven't been part of the beta phase, then you will probably have no right to complain if a significant bug is found in 1.2 once it is released.  I know that there are many people who are using this package for their career, and should make more effort to ensure that the release is tested before they upload it to their customers sites.  It's their reputability on the line.  I will NOT respond to any message that says 'I upgraded my clients site and now it's broken' unless you have been part of the testing phase.  I value my weekend too much for that.

To date, there have been approximately 100 downloads of the beta releases (since 2007-09-28) and in excess of 5000 downloads of 1.1.3.1 (since 2007-09-22).  To me, this means that only 100 people (at the most, I know some people have actually downloaded the beta numerous times) that would have a reasonable right to say anything about bugs in the released version.  Can we change this?

Translators, this is your last call to get your translations done before the final version of 1.2 comes out. 

Test and translate away!!!
Last edited by calguy1000 on Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
GDS
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Announcing CMS Made Simple 1.2 Beta 3

Post by GDS »

From the News module :
This version of News is greater than the one supplied with the 1.1 branch of CMS Made Simple.  If you use this version of News you must use extreme caution when upgrading CMS Made Simple to ensure that nothing in the modules/News directory is overwritten.
What exactly is the problem?

GDS
moorezilla

Post by moorezilla »

I've only found a few minor issues with beta3 that honestly might not even be problems.

After copying an existing installation for 1.1.3.1 and associated database, and uploading 1.2beta3 over top (ubuntu 7.04, apache2, php5.x, mysql5.x):

1. Before running the upgrade the site fires a "string(76)"Smarty error: unable to read resource:"module_db_tpl:Printing;linktemplate"". In other words, if you upload the files and do not run the upgrade process, but simply visit the site, this error appears where the printing link is embedded in the template. This error goes away once the upgrade is run, so it probably shouldn't be considered an issue.

2. If you login to the admin area, it automatically redirects you to the upgrade process, but if you are not logged in and you visit the site, it does not put up the "site is down for maintenance" screen. Again, this may very well not be an issue, but I thought in the past that if the database were being upgraded that a "site is down for maintenance" was standard to avoid other potential database commits.

3. I remove the Module Manager, the Template Manager, the Soap Module, and the WYSIWYG Module from my installations, so upon uploading all the new files I got a missing dependency error for the Module Manager. This is expected since the soap wasn't there, but there was no link to remove the Module Manager, which isn't a problem since you can just delete the directory for it, but this might not be expected for some others who may have removed it. Might want to include the soap module with the new release, just to avoid the missing dependency, otherwise users will have to pay attention to what modules they upload. This is a trivial issue, but I'll throw it out there in case there worth noting. Nevermind. Soap was included in release. My bad.

So far it looks pretty solid to me.

That's all I have from an upgrade standpoint. I have not had a chance to go through and test much of the other functionality, but I will do so later today and tomorrow and I'll post anything that comes up.
Last edited by moorezilla on Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
GDS
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by GDS »

Printing pdf:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in c:\phpdev\www\sff\modules\printing\tcpdf\tcpdf.php on line 94

GDS
wapcamer
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by wapcamer »

Hi all,
it's nice to hear that 1.2 is coming. I can't wait for it!  ;D

I have tried the last beta3 (locally on my computer with easyphp and not on the web) and here are my remarks:
  • After setup complete, when you click go to the site, the page displays with
    Notice: Undefined index: frontendwysiwyg in d:\projects\cmsmadesimple1.2.3\modules\TinyMCE\TinyMCE.module.php on line 156
    above it for every page
  • The module manager won't display any module to install. It seems it can connect ok (because from time to time I  have an extra SOAP error, I guess when there is no error that the SOAP connx goes ok
The print manager seems ok (even though i haven't spent lots of time on it), both in the admin panel and on the site.
So far, I ain't seen many bugs but I'll keep on trying it and let you know till friday.
nuno

Post by nuno »

1.2 beta3
php5
mysql5
apache2
localhost - xp pro

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
printing PDF with images in de page

Warning: unlink() [function.unlink]: Permission denied in C:\wamp\www\cmsroot\CMSMS1.2.x\modules\Printing\tcpdf\tcpdf.php on line 2418

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\wamp\www\cmsroot\CMSMS1.2.x\modules\Printing\tcpdf\tcpdf.php:2418) in C:\wamp\www\cmsroot\CMSMS1.2.x\modules\Printing\tcpdf\tcpdf.php on line 2559
TCPDF error: Some data has already been output to browser, can't send PDF file

if normal text in de page works fine!

very cool version
KO
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by KO »

I upgraded 1.1 for testing and things went nicely. Only thing I've noticed so far is this frontendwysiwyg Notice mentioned earlier. I will spend more time testing things.

Br, K
jce76350
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by jce76350 »

Hello,
Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in c:\phpdev\www\sff\modules\printing\tcpdf\tcpdf.php on line 94
I have the same error Using PHP 4.3.10 and the last SVN 4210 - Printing rev 45 by upgrading the site / Uninstall Printing before.
Jean-Claude Etiemble
stopsatgreen
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by stopsatgreen »

Re: The WYSIWYG error; in order to fix it, go to Global Settings and choose an option for 'Frontend wysiwyg', then submit your changes. I guess this should happen by default, so I'll file it as a bug.
stopsatgreen
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by stopsatgreen »

This may be because I'm working on a local server, but when I upgrade I get the following message:

Code: Select all

Warning: unlink(\tmp\cache\index.html) [function.unlink]: Permission denied in \install\upgrade.php on line 143

Warning: unlink(\tmp\templates_c\%%18^181^181FA688%%installer_end.tpl.php) [function.unlink]: Permission denied in \install\upgrade.php on line 151

Warning: unlink(\tmp\templates_c\%%C4^C43^C43F3191%%installer_start.tpl.php) [function.unlink]: Permission denied in \install\upgrade.php on line 151

Warning: unlink(\tmp\templates_c\%%F7^F7F^F7F34188%%header.tpl.php) [function.unlink]: Permission denied in \install\upgrade.php on line 151

Warning: unlink(\tmp\templates_c\%%F8^F8A^F8AC46EE%%page1.tpl.php) [function.unlink]: Permission denied in \install\upgrade.php on line 151

Warning: unlink(\tmp\templates_c\index.html) [function.unlink]: Permission denied in \install\upgrade.php on line 151
However, the upgrade seems to go fine. Anything to worry about?
Last edited by stopsatgreen on Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wapcamer
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by wapcamer »

@JCE: Can you open a new (sticky) thread in the french section to report translation issues for the 1.2.
I think it would be more convenient than dropping you a direct note every time, and forumers would see that they can contribute.
I have seen a typo in this text :"embossed : à l'attention des imprimates braille."
I need to pay more attention to the french translations and let you know as it goes on (but since I use myself the english version, it's a special effort to do).

@stopsatgreen: I've saved the global parameters but without changing any field and the message has disappeared. I would qualify this a bug too since it seems that the concerned variable doesn't have a default value.
wapcamer
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by wapcamer »

I finally had the module manager working; I installed Polls (Made Simple) successfully, but when I click on the Polls menu in the extensions area (to configure it) I have:
Notice: Undefined variable: tpl_name in d:\projects\cmsmadesimple1.2.3\lib\classes\module_support\modtemplates.inc.php on line 78

Notice: Undefined variable: tpl_name in d:\projects\cmsmadesimple1.2.3\lib\classes\module_support\modtemplates.inc.php on line 78

rab
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by rab »

This may be of no help to you at all, since official 1.2 will be released in 2 days and I'm a very new CMSms user, but I decided to download the 1.2 Beta3 version, along with a bunch of modules, install it on my local Windows (2kPro) box running Xampp, then walk through the system in an attempt to set up a new website. I've printed out (yeah, old school, I guess!) the User Handbook, Help pages for all modules, and the FAQs, and will consult the forum if more help is needed.

I've got to start learning CMSms anyway, so if I can help you while I'm learning, why not! I'll post here any problems I encounter until you tell me to stop.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

Don't stop!
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
The 11th plague of Egypt
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by The 11th plague of Egypt »

Ok, I'm gonna try this: I'm kind a newb and my site is pretty basic, but if you really want people to try this, here I am ;)
NO all'adozione del formato Microsoft Office come standard !
http://www.noooxml.org/petition-it

Return to “Announcements”