CMSmadeSimple as a knowledgebase

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
flake

CMSmadeSimple as a knowledgebase

Post by flake »

I have a slightly different goal for which i would like to set up a CMS, a knowledgebase.

I've tried several cms systems, but as i am only a medium techno savvy person with little time i need something that is very easy to setup / maintain and even more easy to use for my technofobic collegues.

What i need is to build some 500+ small chapters, divided over 10 main chapters. contributed and maintained by a group of collegues.
(some sort of editor / publisher function is welcome but not mandatory)((some 300+ subjects are already present in one big table, some kind of import trick is also very welcome)

more importandly, i need some sort of HTML export, to convert this document into something suitable for a Palm / WinCE device. As the goal is to carry this knopwledgebase around.

Etomite has a HTML export function, but i couldn't get it to work properly.

Is CMSmadeSimple suitable for my needs, and if, how do i set it up to export a "clean" html file with basic navigation links.

thank you all in advance.

sander.
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: CMSmadeSimple as a knowledgebase

Post by Ted »

I definatly think it's possible to use CMS for this purpose, however, there is no real export function.  Though, wget has been known to do this job pretty well.  There are other people who have discussed this in the past.  I'd love to have this kind of functionality later on, but it's on on the immediate roadmap.  Take a look here and try it: http://forum.cmsmadesimple.org/index.ph ... ,41.0.html
flake

Re: CMSmadeSimple as a knowledgebase

Post by flake »

I knew about the wget trick, but that still leaves me with a lot of graphics etc.

I guess i can rewrite the template to make it really clean, but i would prefer an export function or a seperate adress that is clean which i could wget.

but thanks,

ill try to set something up.

Return to “CMSMS Core”