extra templates?

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
bryce

extra templates?

Post by bryce »

Hi all
this one probably gets asked a lot
First thing i want to say is that i really like CMS made simple - its brilliant,
but it has a drawback for me at the moment and that is the lack of templates which seem to be available. I have tried to two which ship with the CMSMadeSimple and they're ok, but not the best.
I'm not a designer and would rather not go to the effort of learning how to build my own templates etc
I was wondering when we would be seeing more templates to choose from? or whether there are more available to try
cheers and thanks

Bryce

(added)
actually it might sound silly, but even the template which is used for the Admin section would be really really useful and cool to have access to when building a site!)
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

extra templates?

Post by Ted »

Don't forget that there is nothing really special about CMSMS templates. Searching for "free html templates" will bring up 100s of sites that would give you stuff that would work in CMSMS.

I'm going to take a stab at writing a tutorial on how to do this sometime today.
Anonymous

extra templates?

Post by Anonymous »

that'd be bloody brilliant mate, i really like how the cmsmadesimple works and want to use it
But dont like the idea of the potential work involved in creating my own templates (as i'm a non designer web type dude)
cheers
Bryce
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

extra templates?

Post by Ted »

Well, needless to say, my day got away from me. I'll try to get scrape some time together soon to do that.
aj

Re: extra templates?

Post by aj »

Hi Wishy,

You are doing a great job with this script mate. Keep it up.

Did you end up writing a tutorial on this?

I am not bad at design and php but havent had a chance to go through the script probably yet. Just taking a shrot cut
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

No, I haven't yet.  I'll put it on my TODO list right now.
finster

Post by finster »

This is something I would be very interested in too... ;)

Anybody got any recommendations of a good book on templates/CSS ?
benjy

Post by benjy »

Sitepoint books are always good, search on amazon - that's where i got most of mine from. Best ones are orange white and blue (I can't remember who they're by as I don't have them to hand unfortunately).

On the topic of designing templates even with the llittle knowledge I have of this cms it seem painfully easy to do - a good combo of css and div layers looks like what is needed. The basic principles of the CMSMS is to include parts of the cms using tags such as {tag_here} . Therefore all you need do is design one page (or a few - could be like b2evolution or angelinecms - haven't seen the files so i'll presume both) then just put the tags (as should be found by looking at an existing template) and voila you have a template.

Anyone wants any help feel free to contact me my site is www.rabidhutch.co.uk - should have an email address on there somewhere - though i think the forum is working as well.

Peace

Benjy

Return to “CMSMS Core”