WYSUWYG problem

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
jd

WYSUWYG problem

Post by jd »

Hi,

I just put on a website that uses CMSMS v. 0.9.2. and can't make either the Tiny MCE neither the HTML Area to work as WYSIWIG editors for the content. I even tried to delete my whole website and upload all the CMSCM files again and still didn't work out.

Please help.
Krol

Re: WYSUWYG problem

Post by Krol »

Which browser did you use? None of these editors work in Opera (at least not on my system).
jd

Post by jd »

Firefox 1.0 & IE 6.0 under Win XP

Doesn't work with neither of these. I just installaed all the files from the official release. Where have done wrong while installing? Or maybe it might be somewhere the problem?
Last edited by jd on Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jd

Post by jd »

Anyone has a solution? Please help! Please!
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

I can't use TinyMCE with Explorer on the Mac (OSX) but it worked great with Firefox...until today. I was using CMSMS v 0.8.x and it worked great. Today I installed 0.9.2 and the styles pull-down doesn't work.
Donna

Post by Donna »

jd wrote: Firefox 1.0 & IE 6.0 under Win XP

Doesn't work with neither of these. I just installaed all the files from the official release. Where have done wrong while installing? Or maybe it might be somewhere the problem?
I am using the same browsers and have the same problem. Looks like neither wysiwyg editors were installed since the only option in the drop down list is 'none'. Does this work on a clean install or are we meant only to upgrade from 0.8x version?
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

TinyMCE should work on a clean install of 0.9.2.

Glen, I'm not sure about the styles dropdown.  I'll try to take a look at it.
jd

Post by jd »

i tried it on absolutely clean install (I deleted all my files, kept the db though) and uploaded files from a freshly downloaded source. still the same problem :(
gnolen

Post by gnolen »

Yeah, I could just be that you didn't choose Tiny in the 'user preferences' as your default editor!

But if you did that it is most likely with your browser/system problems. Maybe you can check http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/ for more specific help.

Just to try if it is a plugin problem or not: open TinyMCE.module.php in the \modules\TinyMCE folder and on somewhere around line 159 you have plugins :

Code: Select all

"table,advhr,advimage,advlink,emotions,iespell,insertdatetime,preview,zoom,flash,ibrowser",
make this just

Code: Select all

plugins : "",
to start Tiny without plugins..And report back..

/ Gnolen
Last edited by gnolen on Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jd

Post by jd »

it managed to work when I deleted everything again and put it back on. however, when I modified the admin header.php (so that I can put a cyrilic encoding charset to correctly display cyrilic in the admin area), the TinyMCE stopped working again.

Any ideas?
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

Just as a test, put the header back to normal, and then modify the encoding in admin/lang/en_US.nls.php instead.

Return to “CMSMS Core”