Bug in the newsscript?

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
gnolen

Bug in the newsscript?

Post by gnolen »

Hi,

I am wondering if there is a bug in the news script. I can display news alright, and the news summary works to, but I am not able to see the whole news when I click 'read more'! When I create the following snippet:

Code: Select all

{cms_module module="news" summary="test" length="5" moretext="read more"}
and if I then click on the 'read more', I get this error:(the path is by the way correct)

Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "db:test" in /home/nitrome/public_html/new/cmsmadesimple/lib/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1088
But...If I in 'summary=""' put in a category of my news like: 'summary="Whatsup"' I get a correct 'read more' link and I can then display the whole article. This isn't correct? Right? Because it doesn't work either when I do a 'news'-content part in the content management.

edit: I just saw in an other post that I had to create the 'page' before' and now my 'whatsup' category was also a page that  I had created and therefore it work. But still, there is some issues to deal with..Specially the empty a tag.

Also what I understand from the help text is that when in summary mode the title of the news should also have a link but this is renderd like this:

<span class="cms-module-news"><span class="cms-module-news-header"><span class="cms-news-date">March 22, 2005, 11:59 am</span><br /><span class="cms-news-title"><a name="1"></a>test</span><br /></span><span class="cms-news-content"><p>as...</span><br /><a href="index.php?page=Whatsup#1">read more</a></span>
I have been digging in the code to find a solution without any luck..Does anyone know what's the problem?

Thanks / Gnolen

P.S. I have also reinstalled the news module without luck..
Last edited by gnolen on Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “CMSMS Core”