FormBuilder, send copy to user ?

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
thomahawk
Power Poster
Power Poster

FormBuilder, send copy to user ?

Post by thomahawk »

I am on CMSMS 2.2.20, FormBuilder 1.2

I want just the usual form result, that is sent by email to me as admin, to be also sent as a copy to the user who filled the form. But I can not find any option for that, at least in "Email results to set addresses".
I also tried to use the form field data {$fld_43} of the users email, like it appeared in the email template. Did nothing.
Or with a field "Email to user supplied Email address", which only places an additional empty field on the form.

(Strange, this was never an issue in earlier versions as far as I remember, it just worked, I did not have to search how to solve this)

Any suggestions on this?
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: FormBuilder, send copy to user ?

Post by DIGI3 »

The disposition "*Email to User-Supplied Email Address" is what you want, and use that as the email address input on the form (replace the one you already have). There's also the deprecated "Email From Address Field, and send copy" which is what used to be the most common method, but having the "from" address populated by users is not a good idea and it shouldn't be used.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
thomahawk
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: FormBuilder, send copy to user ?

Post by thomahawk »

Yes, the deprecated methode was supposedly what I was used to and I was looking for that.

OK, I see, then I have to exchange the email input field for the User-Supplied one.

Thank you, DIGI

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”