TinyMCE

General project discussion. NOT for help questions.
Jo Morg
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: TinyMCE

Post by Jo Morg »

It is, and, honestly, there have been circumstances where the lack of proper testing of people aiming to help set us back months on what several times was an almost ready release, so it is, as everything, a double edge sword. I'm not going to go into any more details than what I just said.

Additionally latest versions of Smarty break some functionality in windows based systems in particular but not limited to the phar installer. Testing can not be done just on the systems one works with, it has to cover a wide range of systems where CMSMS needs to work reliably.

Having said that: we are aiming at, and working on, a few transitions to a better workflow, more transparent means of communication with the community with regards to the code base and testing and the adoption of more modern tools to do all of it. Now it will take time, it won't be immediately effective after the transition, and, given the small team, it will be cumbersome at the beginning, as it is a huge endeavor for all of us. So, again, be patient. We are not yet going to discuss publicly the details as we are not yet ready for that discussion, but good things will come of it.

An then testing will be open to all the community as it arguably should be. Again even the transition is a huge endeavor on its own and we wouldn't even consider it if it weren't for two members of the Dev Team who took it upon themselves to work on it exclusively, so don't expect immediate signs of change.
"There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary... and those who don't."
* by the way: English is NOT my native language (sorry for any mistakes...).
Code of Condut | CMSMS Docs | Help Support CMSMS
My developer Page on the Forge
GeekMoot 2015 in Ghent, Belgium: I was there!
GeekMoot 2016 in Leicester, UK: I was there!
DevMoot 2023 in Cynwyd, Wales: I was there!
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

Public betas haven't been abandoned, we've generally just done them for major core releases though as they end up being a lot more work than closed betas (and yes, it's been a while since a major core release). They are absolutely valuable though, and we have done some smaller ones with regular Slack members - both with modules and the core. A lot of third-party module developers tag active Slack members to beta test too, it's easier to control and test in real-time than using the forum.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
pierrepercee
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by pierrepercee »

Hello Digi3,

Thank you for the clarification. I never go to slack. I will watch this with interest.
Lots of work ahead! It remains for me to wish you good luck. Maintaining CMSMS is not an easy task and I hope that we will have positive news within a few weeks/months
pierrepercee
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by pierrepercee »

Hello,

the TinyMCE module has not yet been updated. Chrisbt, do you know if the update will be done very soon ? I'm stuck migrating some clients' sites and it's becoming more than an emergency. I'm going to have to find another solution and it's becoming really complicated to keep sites up to date with CMSMS in php 7.4.
chrisbt
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by chrisbt »

Hopefully in the next few weeks. Paid jobs keep arriving and I need to work on them first. I have a few projects that should complete very soon so quite a few CMSMS jobs should get attention after that.
Cheers
Chris
pierrepercee
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by pierrepercee »

Hello Chrisbt,

Thank you for your quick reply. I am well aware that this takes a lot of time and that this obviously takes place after daily work. Thank you for your involvement !

Return to “General Discussion”