ERIDU Language Menu Template

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
WDJames
Forum Members
Forum Members

ERIDU Language Menu Template

Post by WDJames »

Hello all,

I'm trying the Eridu module as replacement for the MLECMS module and while it seems straightforward, I'm not sure how to change the language url on the language menu template. By default the url for the equivalent page that is being displayed is something like (https://mywebsite.com/lang?cid=6&lang=en_US), after clicking the user gets redirected to the correct page. Is there a way to change this so that the link is straight to the equivalent page?

A work around is to use the page_name variable and then convert it to match the alias but if the page name is different to the alias then it wouldn't work.

Thanks in advance.

James
Jo Morg
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: ERIDU Language Menu Template

Post by Jo Morg »

Hi James, at the moment Eridu uses this mechanism to set the language cookie for automatic redirects and fix the last used language. Although the cookie is optional, Eridu does not provide an alternative mechanism for the language at the moment. This may change in the future, I'm most likely add a feature to allow for custom urls in the module language menu, but at this point I don't have a time frame to for this.
"There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary... and those who don't."
* by the way: English is NOT my native language (sorry for any mistakes...).
Code of Condut | CMSMS Docs | Help Support CMSMS
My developer Page on the Forge
GeekMoot 2015 in Ghent, Belgium: I was there!
GeekMoot 2016 in Leicester, UK: I was there!
DevMoot 2023 in Cynwyd, Wales: I was there!

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”