Error in installation of 2.0 version

Help with getting the CMS CORE package up and running. This does not include 3rd party modules, PHP scripts, anything downloaded via module manager or from any external source.
wdgp

Error in installation of 2.0 version

Post by wdgp »

Hi, i am trying to install latest version, but in first step, i ve got errors

Code: Select all

Warning: putenv() has been disabled for security reasons in /data/web/virtuals/108405/virtual/www/app/class.cms_install.php on line 52

Warning: putenv() has been disabled for security reasons in /data/web/virtuals/108405/virtual/www/app/class.cms_install.php on line 52

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /data/web/virtuals/108405/virtual/www/app/class.cms_install.php:52) in /data/web/virtuals/108405/virtual/www/app/class.cms_install.php on line 306
My host is not able to enable putenv() function... I can't install it... Any idea to bypass it? TY
bunak
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Error in installation of 2.0 version

Post by bunak »

I tried expanded version and problem is the same, I can't install CMSMS 2.0 on hosting with disabled putenv(). It is most of hostings in CZ. Is there any possibility how to install CMSMS 2.0?
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

The putenv stuff was put in there to work around the (poor?) behaviour of other hosts that did not provide a suitable system temp directory to write files into.

the phar libraries use the php tmpfile() function, which in turn uses sys_get_temp_dir() to determine the output directory.... which will use the TMPDIR environment variable if it is set.

I could modify the installer to optionally not set the TMPDIR environment variable, but unfortunately, although it could solve that particular problem I don't know if you would immediately have another issue with that host, or if I would be creating other issues for other users. I would be flying blind.

Too bad you didn't participate in the beta.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
bunak
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by bunak »

Hi Calguy
because the time was my enemy, I installed previous version of CMSMS on my website. Now I can't test other installer to help You.
Maybe in 14 days I'll install new website on the same hosting. There I can help You with testing.
I will write here when I'll be ready for testing.
Thank You

P.S. if You want see phpinfo there is http://99765.w65.wedos.ws/info.php

Return to “[locked] Installation, Setup and Upgrade”