Warning: Parameter XXX is not known by module Search

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
landarone
Forum Members
Forum Members

Warning: Parameter XXX is not known by module Search

Post by landarone »

Hello there.
I have similar problem like this one http://forum.cmsmadesimple.org/viewtopi ... =8&t=72462 - with the 1.11.13 version.
But my issue is for module Search and I have 2 messages:

Warning: Parameter block_group is not known by module Search dropped in /data/web/domains/mywebsite.com/lib/misc.functions.php on line 1419

Warning: Parameter no_collapse is not known by module Search dropped in /data/web/domains/mywebsite.com/lib/misc.functions.php on line 1419

In template I have this (it use AdvancedContent, which I have set in template):

{content block_group="base_dblok" no_collapse="true" block="hl_desc" assign="lab_str" label="Label for box" oneline="true" size="90" searchable="false"}

I have also set for search result one page called "Search results for website". It didnt help.
I think that Search module now didnt respect all template option, for my issue I think that problem might could be in content type - I suppose that it ignores AdvancedContent which I set, but gives page type just Content (base default type.

Could someone reply me if my assumption is right?
Thank you so much :)
Jo Morg
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Warning: Parameter XXX is not known by module Search

Post by Jo Morg »

landarone wrote:Parameter block_group is not known by module Search dropped in (...)
landarone wrote:Parameter no_collapse is not known by module Search dropped in (...)
This means exactly that!... You are trying to pass a parameter to the module that the module doesn't recognize and it drops it for security reasons. In practical terms there is no harm in that (you can and should disable error reporting in production sites although you can still log them), but it means that the tag is being called with extra unsupported parameters. Check how the {Search} tag is being called on your templates...
"There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary... and those who don't."
* by the way: English is NOT my native language (sorry for any mistakes...).
Code of Condut | CMSMS Docs | Help Support CMSMS
My developer Page on the Forge
GeekMoot 2015 in Ghent, Belgium: I was there!
GeekMoot 2016 in Leicester, UK: I was there!
DevMoot 2023 in Cynwyd, Wales: I was there!
landarone
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by landarone »

Hello Jo Morg.
Thank you for a quick answer.
This is how I call search:

{search resultpage="sres-page" search_method="post"}

If you mean search templates so they both are default as they are when you install CMS (no change from my side).

I still think that it must be in content type - search module doesnt cooperate with ADC (AdvancedContent 0.9.4.3) which I set for "sres-page" (resultpage).
Is there a method how to find if page is rendered with "AdvancedContent" or just with "Content" or "News" type?
landarone
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by landarone »

I really can't find why fields from AdvancedContent breaks Search.
I don't call search with some extra parameter(s) => {search resultpage="sres-page" search_method="post"} , but warning message is still there.
If I remove extra fields for AdvancedContent, so messages are gone.

{content block_group='Bbase_blok' no_collapse='true' block='hlstr_desc' assign='desc_var' label='Description page' oneline='true' size='90' searchable='false'}

{content block_group='Bbase_blok' no_collapse='true' block='hlstr_keyw' assign='keyw_var' label='Key words' oneline='true' size='90' searchable='false'}

Anyone please?
Jo Morg
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by Jo Morg »

With the information given I can only guess... and I can only assume the problem comes from AdvancedContent, and not from Search. There is no record of issues with Search regarding searching contents from other modules, and this is the first report ever of such an issue. I would file a bug report on the AdvancedContent project.
"There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary... and those who don't."
* by the way: English is NOT my native language (sorry for any mistakes...).
Code of Condut | CMSMS Docs | Help Support CMSMS
My developer Page on the Forge
GeekMoot 2015 in Ghent, Belgium: I was there!
GeekMoot 2016 in Leicester, UK: I was there!
DevMoot 2023 in Cynwyd, Wales: I was there!
landarone
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by landarone »

Hello Jo Morg.
Thank you for your answer and suggestion.
I will try it, report as a bug.

For me it seems like search goes to this content-blok and find something non-standard?

One interesting point: I have another SCMS, ver 1.11.10 “Pinzon”.
AdvancedContent is there also 0.9.4.3, and these warnings are not there if I try search some word.
On this new 1.11.13 ver. SCMS, where I have warning msg. problem, I useing the same content blocks and same search method asi I have in 1.11.10 “Pinzon”. So everythings is same, except SCMS version......so why why why?? :)
landarone
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by landarone »

Hello again.
Thanks to you Jo Morg I had look to Bug report site for AdvancedContent and there is similar issue from 2013, this one: http://dev.cmsmadesimple.org/bug/view/9319

There is advice how to face this issue: This is described in the module help: "Notice in some cases it is recomended to use the the {AdvancedContent} tag in the template instead of the default {content} tag. (case sensitive) e.g. the annoying message "Parameter [X] is not known by Module [Modulename]" can be avoided with it. (only affects the default content block at the moment)".

As I tested it now, so I can't use {AdvancedContent} tag because if I do it so template control gives me message that there is no default {content} tag, when I save template.
So what works for me is to use default {content} tag, but remove extra params from there (which are for AdvancedContent), one is block_group and second is no_collapse. After this I tried search again and voalaaa, no warning message.

So problem is between AdvancedContent and Search module. When search find default content block and this block is also used as AdvancedContent, with standard tag {content} but also with extra parameters like block_group or no_collapse, so then warning message comes on the srceen.
For me is "final" solution to improve Search module by the way that these parameters are OK, respectively if AdvancedContent is instalated so then they are OK. I will try to change Search module, but after other works on new web site. //maybe it is also challange task for Dev team :) //

Thanks to all of you and mainly to Jo Morg for advice and help.
rotezecke
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by rotezecke »

i had a similar problem (thread quoted in your first post) which was caused by using {content} with nocache.

i use news and cgblog "inline". in detailed view i got the "Parameter is not known...", but no parameter was displayed.
this is how i used {content} at the time:

Code: Select all

{content label="Main" assign=bigContentBlock nocache}
after removing nocache the warning went away. the documentation suggests to do this though:

{content assign='mycontent'}{$mycontent nocache}
which i had done as well (so i had nocache twice).

this response should really go with the other thread but it's locked.
oliver341
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by oliver341 »

Same here. My template simply has one instance of {search} in it with no parameters at all, and yet the below messages appear occasionally in the PHP error log:

[24-Jul-2015 02:37:53 Europe/London] PHP Warning:  Parameter fbrp_callcount is not known by module Search dropped in /var/sites/m/xxxxxx.co.uk/public_html/lib/misc.functions.php on line 1419
[24-Jul-2015 02:37:53 Europe/London] PHP Warning:  Parameter form_id is not known by module Search dropped in /var/sites/m/xxxxxx.co.uk/public_html/lib/misc.functions.php on line 1419
[24-Jul-2015 02:37:53 Europe/London] PHP Warning:  Parameter fbrp_continue is not known by module Search dropped in /var/sites/m/xxxxxx.co.uk/public_html/lib/misc.functions.php on line 1419
[24-Jul-2015 02:37:53 Europe/London] PHP Warning:  Parameter fbrp_done is not known by module Search dropped in /var/sites/m/xxxxxx.co.uk/public_html/lib/misc.functions.php on line 1419
[24-Jul-2015 02:37:53 Europe/London] PHP Warning:  Parameter fbrp__14 is not known by module Search dropped in /var/sites/m/xxxxxx.co.uk/public_html/lib/misc.functions.php on line 1419
[24-Jul-2015 02:37:53 Europe/London] PHP Warning:  Parameter fbrp__15 is not known by module Search dropped in /var/sites/m/xxxxxx.co.uk/public_html/lib/misc.functions.php on line 1419
[24-Jul-2015 02:37:53 Europe/London] PHP Warning:  Parameter fbrp__16 is not known by module Search dropped in /var/sites/m/xxxxxx.co.uk/public_html/lib/misc.functions.php on line 1419
[24-Jul-2015 02:37:53 Europe/London] PHP Warning:  Parameter fbrp__17 is not known by module Search dropped in /var/sites/m/xxxxxx.co.uk/public_html/lib/misc.functions.php on line 1419
[24-Jul-2015 02:37:53 Europe/London] PHP Warning:  Parameter fbrp_captcha_phrase is not known by module Search dropped in /var/sites/m/xxxxxx.co.uk/public_html/lib/misc.functions.php on line 1419
[24-Jul-2015 02:37:53 Europe/London] PHP Warning:  Parameter fbrp_submit is not known by module Search dropped in /var/sites/m/xxxxxx.co.uk/public_html/lib/misc.functions.php on line 1419
I don't recall seeing this before 1.12. It seems to suggest Search is being called with Form Builder parameters occasionally despite my template never telling it to do so.

Google suggests this is not an uncommon problem, since I can't imagine all these sites are adding unknown parameters to their {search} tag: https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?#q=%22is ... pped+in%22
Dr.CSS

Post by Dr.CSS »

Might want to paste your template here...

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”