CMSMS and retina displays

For discussion and questions related to CMS Specific templates and stylesheets (CSS), and themes. or layout issues. This is not a place for generic "I don't know CSS issues"
urheat
Forum Members
Forum Members

CMSMS and retina displays

Post by urheat »

Is there a module for handling retina images? Or what retina image technique would you prefer using with CMSMS?
hexdj
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: CMSMS and retina displays

Post by hexdj »

I think you could use a combination of Javascript and, if the pixel ratio > 1 then compress use originals (since the highest res would be the ones to be used for retina), if not, then resize them with CGSmartImage by 50%. I haven't done it myself but that's the general idea.
oliverseddon
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by oliverseddon »

I use this, pretty simple method.

http://retina-images.complexcompulsions.com
urheat
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by urheat »

Thanks to all! I like especially the server side solution.

At the moment we are working on a website and using some SVG images in UI. SVG support seems to be quite good nowadays :)
Translator
Translator

Post by 10010110 »

urheat wrote:At the moment we are working on a website and using some SVG images in UI.
Is that instead of “retina support” or in addition to it? Because the pixel density doesn’t matter for SVG since it’s vector graphics. So, if you use SVG, you don’t need any “retina display” detection.
urheat
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by urheat »

10010110 wrote:
urheat wrote:At the moment we are working on a website and using some SVG images in UI.
Is that instead of “retina support” or in addition to it? Because the pixel density doesn’t matter for SVG since it’s vector graphics. So, if you use SVG, you don’t need any “retina display” detection.
Addition of course :)

Return to “Layout and Design (CSS & HTML)”