New Minify module under development

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
drmikecrowe
Forum Members
Forum Members

New Minify module under development

Post by drmikecrowe »

Hi folks,

I've embedded Minify into a module, and I'm about to post it to the forge for general use.

This can also support CSS (though CMSMS handles this already).

ScriptDeploy never works for me and won't install in the latest version.

For my implementation, I want as simple as possible. Basically, something that can minify a list of my javascript files.

What's working now is essentially Minify within CMSMS. I use the admin to build the <__script__> tag, which I then embed in the template. For instance, here's an example of a <__script__> tag:

Code: Select all

<__script__ type="text/javascript" src="/modules/Minify/min/?b=lib/jquery/js&f=jquery-1.7.2.min.js,jquery-ui-1.8.21.custom.min.js,jquery.ui.nestedSortable-1.3.4.js,jquery.json-2.3.min.js"></__script>
I think the roadmap will be:
  1. Current simple functionality, no frills. No persistence, so each time you need to edit your javascripts, re-build the URL
  2. Create a simple admin GUI which maintains the list of javascripts (or stylesheets), and allow embedding different lists, such as {Minify package="xxxx"}
Anybody have any comments, interest, or further requests?

TIA
Mike
Rolf
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: New Minify module under development

Post by Rolf »

For your information, I added a bugreport http://dev.cmsmadesimple.org/bug/view/9916

Serious vulnerability
Source: https://code.google.com/p/minify
News 2013-07-23 Minify 2.1.7 is released in response to a serious vulnerability discovered in all previous versions. You are strongly urged to follow the instructions in the report to secure your installation, and to upgrade to Minify 2.1.7.
According to the help text the Minify module 0.9.5 still uses Minify 2.1.5 and that makes the websites using it prone to hacks!
- + - + - + - + - + - + -
LATEST TUTORIAL AT CMS CAN BE SIMPLE:
Migrating Company Directory module to LISE
- + - + - + - + - + - + -
drmikecrowe
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: New Minify module under development

Post by drmikecrowe »

Thanks for the update, I just received it as well.

Will revise and publish shortly.

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”