Hide folders from Users

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
HarryCornelius
Forum Members
Forum Members

Hide folders from Users

Post by HarryCornelius »

Dear All

Running 1.10.3 "Hyacinthe"

I have been working on a customers' site for around 6 months now, and it's nearly ready to go live.

Does anyone know of a way to hide folders from users? I have a bunch of folders in the file manager I'd like to hide from general users of the site, but leave where they are for me to use. Also some module related folders which clutter up the area users will use to link to files.

Many thanks,
Harry
manuel
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Hide folders from Users

Post by manuel »

Dear Harry,

I haven't restricted folder access for users yet but please take a look at the TinyMCE module.
In the "Profiles" tab, there is an option that might be just the thing you are looking for...
Restrict user's dir access:

This will restrict the filemanagement-capabilities of the user to a subdir to 'uploads' which have the same name as the user's login. If the subdir does not exist, it will possibly be created. Please note, this currently only works with the standard dirnames, uploads/images. This may change in the future.
Greetings,
Manuel
Do you like your open source cms? Buy from the CMSMS partners || Donate
HarryCornelius
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by HarryCornelius »

Thanks Manuel

I am using MicroTiny, which does not seem to have those options. It does sound like the sort of thing I'm after though - basically hiding folders from users in the top level 'uploads' folder, for example, so they only see a single folder where they can store all their images/files etc.

Thanks,

Harry
manuel
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by manuel »

Dear Harry,

You can install the module and then select the wysiwyg of your preference in your user's profile. :)

ps: this is only for images uploaded through the wysiwyg though!

Greetings,
Manuel
Do you like your open source cms? Buy from the CMSMS partners || Donate

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”