CGBlog breadcrumbs not working

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
SimonJ

CGBlog breadcrumbs not working

Post by SimonJ »

I have this running and as far as it goes no problems, can anyone give me some idea how I can create links back to the parent category from detail view?
I have tried using the CMS breadcrumbs without any success.

Any help gratefully received. :)
Dr.CSS

Re: CGBlog breadcrumbs not working

Post by Dr.CSS »

If you get to the detail using a link in a page then you can use <a href="javascript:history.go(-1)">Go back</a>...
SimonJ

Post by SimonJ »

Dr.CSS wrote:If you get to the detail using a link in a page then you can use <a href="javascript:history.go(-1)">Go back</a>...
Yes thanks, but it doesn't have the category name which is what I wanted.
Dr.CSS

Post by Dr.CSS »

Do you have a page set up for browsing by category, is it named using the category, maybe add the category call in a link to go to it...
SimonJ

Post by SimonJ »

The problem is CGBlog handles all the category details internally, I use this

Code: Select all

{CGBlog action='browsecat'}
to show the categories, then you click one (I have added a back to root link here) and you then click the article.

At this point I can still link back to the root of the blog system but not back to the category as I can't find the category information from the article. It must be there as it displays it. The problem is it uses a category_id which must go through a sort of lookup system to get the name. So I need to extract the category_id and the process it to get the name. Then I can <a "link_to_category_id">category_name</a>.

Anyway if no-one has done this I am not going to pursue it, thanks for your time, I will live without it. :)
Dr.CSS

Post by Dr.CSS »

If you had a page for each category and named it the same you could use {$category.name} in a link to that page...
SimonJ

Post by SimonJ »

Yes, I see what you mean, but this does not allow for new categories or renaming categories.

It could work but it would need constant maintenance.

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”