[Solved]Module Manager permissions - host question or not?

Help with getting the CMS CORE package up and running. This does not include 3rd party modules, PHP scripts, anything downloaded via module manager or from any external source.
jasnick
Power Poster
Power Poster

[Solved]Module Manager permissions - host question or not?

Post by jasnick »

Using CMSMS 1.11.2

Am getting a Cannot Download message on modules in Module Manager. In Site Admin/System Information I get the following under Permission Information:

modules Failure /usr/local/pem/vhosts/116437/webspace/httpdocs/mysitename/modules (0755)

This site is hosted by my client's choice of hosts and I am wondering if this issue is to do with the hosting company. None of my many other sites have ever had a problem with Module Manager. This is my first site using 1.11.2 however so perhaps there is something I need to set here that I didn't have to do in 1.10.3?

Thanks.
Last edited by jasnick on Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
velden
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Module Manager permissions - host question or not?

Post by velden »

Well, I guess the module directory with most hosting providers should be 777.

If you uploaded this website by copying all the files of CMSMS separately by FTP, then I suppose you can change those permissions using an FTP client (e.g. FileZilla).

Else there might also be a (Web) Admin Panel for your hosting that enables you to do that. It's quite a common thing to do.

You also need to chmod other directories (tmp, uploads) and the config file (444) is a good idea too (after successful installation).
jasnick
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by jasnick »

Thanks Verden - that did the trick - I changed Modules, tmp and uploads to 777 - is that correct?
Dr.CSS

Post by Dr.CSS »

The permissions settings on folders is more a server choice, I have many sites using 755 just fine but I've run into a few that only work with 777...
jasnick
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by jasnick »

Thanks Dr.CSS !

Return to “[locked] Installation, Setup and Upgrade”