How to add Apple WebClip icon and startup image?

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
michaywood
Power Poster
Power Poster

How to add Apple WebClip icon and startup image?

Post by michaywood »

I am in love with this new OneEleven theme. Definitely a step in the right direction for CMSMS! Great work guys!

This really opens up a whole new world to improve things for my customers. They can now easily edit from their smartphones. One thing I can't figure out, is I'm wanting to set a default icon and startup image for the admin login. This way people can go to their CMSMS admin page on their iPhone/iPad/iPod and select the option to Add To Home Screen so they can have a shortcut to the admin page. So I've made an app icon with my logo that i'm going to put on all my customers websites as well as a start image (image that displays during the loading of the page). To do this, you just have to create the files then put

Code: Select all

<link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="/custom_icon.png"/>
<link rel="apple-touch-startup-image" href="/startup.png">
<meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-capable" content="yes" />
in the header area of the page. However, I can't figure out where I can do this within the OneEleven theme! The website already is a mobile site, so it has it's own icons for front-end users, I'm wanting to do new icons JUST for the admin part of the site. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
michaywood
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: How to add Apple WebClip icon and startup image?

Post by michaywood »

any ideas?
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

it's already been done, and distributed with 1.11.3 IIRC... if not, it definately will be there for 1.11.4
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
michaywood
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by michaywood »

I currently have 1.11.3, but I can't find the html template for the login page so that I can put those links. any ideas?

Return to “CMSMS Core”