Comments Board

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
johnoverall

Comments Board

Post by johnoverall »

Hi, I'm looking for a module that a user can post a comment and it appears on a list on the web page with a rating. I've tried a couple, cgcomments did the job but it didn't look nice in the Nclean Blue theme. Did I forget to apply the css? Is there a way to style it in the options? Very new to CMSMS, so forgive me if I missed something obvious.
Dr.CSS

Re: Comments Board

Post by Dr.CSS »

I would use CGFeedback which has comments and rating, and yes you need to style it yourself...
johnoverall

Post by johnoverall »

Thanks for the reply. It's installed and working.

Sorry to be a pain. I'm having trouble locating the stylesheet that will allow me to edit the form; there's a lot of code but I can't see the basic text that's displayed that says 'Add a Review of this item' etc. to change that so it fits in better with my site content. I've rooted around in the module itself but can't see for looking. I've gone into filemanager and found a bunch of .tpl files but don't want to start messing with things outside the module.

Also, when I post a comment I want the summary to be devoid of the stats and for comments posted to be shown in a list away from the form. I tried calling the summary on a separate page but it was blank even though I'd submitted two test comments.

I'd kind of like it work/appear in the style of Amazon's rating and comments.

Thanks for your help and patience.
Dr.CSS

Post by Dr.CSS »

You can change the things that appear on the 'page' by going to CGFeedback and clicking the templates tabs and removing what you don't want, as for styling, render the page, look at page source for what is there to target like classes IDs etc...

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”