Old CMSMS versions running on PHP 5.4?

Help with getting the CMS CORE package up and running. This does not include 3rd party modules, PHP scripts, anything downloaded via module manager or from any external source.
schipper
Forum Members
Forum Members

Old CMSMS versions running on PHP 5.4?

Post by schipper »

Hello,

I have about 20 CMSMS sites hosted with 1and1. They just sent out a notice saying they will not longer support PHP4 or PHP 5.2 and will be using PHP 5.4 as of April 1st, 2013.

I logged into the control panel on most of my accounts and they all seem to be running the latest PHP 5.4 version, even though the CMS installs go back to version 1.4.1. IS THAT POSSIBLE? Just checking.

I do have one site, that is using PHP 4 with CMSMS v1.6.1, but i ALSO have another site with PHP 5.4 and same CMS version running fine.

So my question is, can i just simply "switch" my PHP form 4 to 5.4 with an old CMSMS version, and everything work ok?

As a side note -- i do know i should upgrade all of these to a newest version for security reasons, but is that is not my question at this point. Thanks!
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Re: Old CMSMS versions running on PHP 5.4?

Post by calguy1000 »

I don't remember what was 'broken' in old versions of CMSMS wrt PHP 5.2.x . and I'm not going to go pull the code and look through every line to tell you what might break.. so YMMV.

but in short 'UPGRADE!' We don't support old versions.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
schipper
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Old CMSMS versions running on PHP 5.4?

Post by schipper »

Just wanted to note that, the admin panel of my hosting company (1and1) told me i was using PHP 5 when in fact i WAS NOT. I logged in to FTP and did the PHP call to see what version it was using and most of them were using PHP4.

Return to “[locked] Installation, Setup and Upgrade”