Announcement: New module Script Deploy

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
barboni
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Announcement: New module Script Deploy

Post by barboni »

Here's another issue:

I changed root URL in SD to static.computersky.co.rs/ and here's what I get in source: http://static.computersky.co.rs/uploads ... 1290118402 while the real path is http://static.computersky.co.rs/uploads ... 1290118402.

And here's the URL for image preload after this change: http://static.computersky.co.rs/uploads/[b].rs/uploads[/b]/images/topbg.jpg
JeremyBASS

Post by JeremyBASS »

barboni wrote: Here's another issue:

I changed root URL in SD to static.computersky.co.rs/ and here's what I get in source: http://static.computersky.co.rs/uploads ... 1290118402 while the real path is http://static.computersky.co.rs/uploads ... 1290118402.

And here's the URL for image preload after this change: http://static.computersky.co.rs/uploads/[b].rs/uploads[/b]/images/topbg.jpg

Hello, that is not quite the way it works.. Do you have a subdomain pointed to the root of your site like www is?  that should fix that. but the VAL folder only contains in progess copies of the scripts the are use to validate them with the w3c.

Oh.. and FYI you can trun the Preloader off... I will have to come back to that issue as right off it was never accounted for on the dual tld

@uniqu3  so my change worked?  the group erorr is fixed in the SVN.

Cheers -Jeremy
Last edited by JeremyBASS on Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
barboni
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by barboni »

Do you have a subdomain pointed to the root of your site like www is?
I am not quite sure what you mean. I redirect non-www to www and exclude static from redirection in htaccess if that is what you mean?
the VAL folder only contains in progess copies of the scripts the are use to validate them with the w3c.
Strange, but when I am not using global URL (I turned that off) there is no VAL folder at all, even tho validation is turned on.

And yes, I turned preloader off. Thanks.
JeremyBASS

Post by JeremyBASS »

barboni wrote:
Do you have a subdomain pointed to the root of your site like www is?
I am not quite sure what you mean. I redirect non-www to www and exclude static from redirection in htaccess if that is what you mean?
In your DNS you have to have a static.computersky.co.rs pointed at the root.

barboni wrote:
the VAL folder only contains in progess copies of the scripts the are use to validate them with the w3c.
Strange, but when I am not using global URL (I turned that off) there is no VAL folder at all, even tho validation is turned on.
I'm betting that just happens to be the cause... the validation doesn't work off url.  because of this you can work off a localhost and still try to validate your code.

Hope this helps.. Cheers -Jeremy
luminous
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by luminous »

I've noticed a small styling issue with the new version 0.8.

For the first 100 lines of code the vertical bar at the right hand side of the line number looks fine.  After line 100 the vertical line is RIGHT next to the last line number digit, and after 1000 lines the vertical separator line appears within the line number. 

This makes it hard to edit code from within script deploy.  Hopefully in a new version the line can be a couple of columns over to resolve this issue :)
JeremyBASS

Post by JeremyBASS »

@luminous  dang .. yeah I saw that last night.. I've got the fix in now.. thought I would have bet people seening that.. oh well :P tk.. - Jeremy
luminous
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by luminous »

JeremyBASS wrote: @luminous  dang .. yeah I saw that last night.. I've got the fix in now.. thought I would have bet people seening that.. oh well :P tk.. - Jeremy
No worries, its a cracking module.  Well beyond anything I could make :)
JeremyBASS

Post by JeremyBASS »

Anyone up to test out the svn?  I have a major new feature in .. inline inserting of code from a file.  This will ad in creating a site when you have subed out the templating of the html.  Also few other changes.. hope you all like it.. Cheers -Jeremy
JeremyBASS

Post by JeremyBASS »

Hello, I have a few new major features, new param.. path .. so {ScriptDeploy path="/uploads/superfish.js"} is now possible ... you don't have to use the editor, you can use dreamweaver, etc and ftp it up and that is it... SD does the rest.  Turn on the other params and get the same effect of the file free way... 

@kendo451 this should address your FR

and the other feature is the one stated before on inline inserting of code from a file in the editor.

Anyone up to test out the svn?  Let me khow how it goes.. Cheers -Jeremy
kendo451

Referencing .htc files

Post by kendo451 »

I like to use .htc fixes for ie in CSS like this one:
http://fetchak.com/ie-css3/

However, this requires having the .htc file in the same directory as the stylesheet.  I would just copy it into the script deploy lib folder, but that seems to be created and deleted.

Any suggestions Jeremy?
JeremyBASS

Post by JeremyBASS »

Good question.. there are 2 reason why it may not be working.. one is that behavior url's are always read from the root. so when you went behavior: url(ie-css3.htc); it was looking to the root. so you don't need to worry about the placement of the .htc just put it in a spot like the root that will not get rebuild all the time.

the second reason you may not be seeing it is that almost all IE hacks/htc require a z-index and a position... here is a test example using SD... hope it helps.. Cheers -Jeremy

http://www.corbensproducts.com/blog/exp ... -test.html
kendo451

Post by kendo451 »

So you just put the .htc file in the web root folder.  Easy enough.  Thanks!
geraldo
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by geraldo »

Hi Jeremey

with

CMS-Version 1.9.2
and  installed modules
CGSimpleSmarty 1.4.5
CGExtensions 1.22
CGGoogleMaps 2.0.3
ScriptDeploy 0.8

I got an error message
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class JSMinException in C:\LWE\WebDEV\xampp\htdocs\cmsms.de\modules\CGExtensions\lib\jsmin.php on line 290 on showing a Google Map

I assume due to the duplicate usage of " jsmin.php --> PHP implementation of Douglas Crockford's JSMin" by both modules\CGExtensions\lib\jsmin.php AND modules\ScriptDeploy\lib\JSMin.php  ??

Best regards
Geraldo
JeremyBASS

Post by JeremyBASS »

Hmm.. yes.. I don't know why it was added to CGExtensions .. but it was.. that thing is the kicken sink in there and is new as of 1.21 Released On: 2010-11-08 21:39 ... so.. well .. I guess in this next coming version I'll have to test for it..

That is sad.. but I'll account for that module's usage of it in this next coming release... :/

NOTICE if anyone call try out the SVN I'd thank them.  I'm getting ready to release it again and it's get some new things like inline importing of code, copy of scripts and more..

Cheers -Jeremy
JeremyBASS

Post by JeremyBASS »

@geraldo if you can try this is see if it helps.. in the file Javascript.php in /modules/ScriptDeploy/lib/Minify/Javascript.php  at the top if you replace

require 'JSMin.php';

with

if (!class_exists('JSMin')) {
require 'JSMin.php';
}

I just did a test load and all seemed well.. I'll load CGGoogleMaps as I'm betting that is the one that is calling it..

Let me know if you can and we'll get you fixed up correctly.. Cheers -Jeremy

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”