Installing or Upgrading to 1.9 - Problems and Solutions

Help with getting the CMS CORE package up and running. This does not include 3rd party modules, PHP scripts, anything downloaded via module manager or from any external source.
seensite
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Upgrading to 1.9 - Problems and Solutions

Post by seensite »

Page problems fixed with SVN 1.9.x but due to other issues with modules I downgraded to stable version 1.8.2, which makes editors breathe normaly. I'll go on with testing on 1.9, on test site only - 1.9.x seems not ready for production sites.
The universe of information technology is constantly growing and contains only emerging products built on successive patches
jospanner
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by jospanner »

Upgraded site from 1.8.2 to 1.9 Curious issue - site with 3 users - I can login into admin fine. Client using IE can't login under same un and pw. Gets message "Fatal error: Cannot assign by reference to overloaded object in /home/cotswold/public_html/lib/page.functions.php on line 382"

Only modules installed bmenu, formbuilder. Any ideas?
nicmare
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by nicmare »

have a new installation of cmsms1.9 from scratch and with mod_rewrite the news detailpage does not appear. just the whole page but without the content of the detailed news. when i turn off mod_rewrite, they appear!
M@rtijn
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by M@rtijn »

@DR. CSS
@Rolf

It seems this problem with the page specific keywords was not part of the 1.9 upgrade. I did a new (test) install of CMSMS on my host and now the problem doesn't occur.
Really strange, but fortunatly not a problem anymore. Thanks for replying anyway  ;D
Make your community a better place!
asdf
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by asdf »

What's the ETA for 1.9.1? My "client" would like to start to create pages next week and for him it would be best not to have maintenance breaks for a while so I'd prefer not to start with 1.8.2 and then upgrade later on or do other temporary tricks to get the wysiwyg-editor appear.
Rolf
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Rolf »

nicmare wrote: have a new installation of cmsms1.9 from scratch and with mod_rewrite the news detailpage does not appear. just the whole page but without the content of the detailed news. when i turn off mod_rewrite, they appear!
@ Nicmare,

I installed a new 1.9 site (with the changed files described earlier in this thread) and enabled mod_rewrite. The news detailpage is working like it should be.

But the problem you mention here isn't new to me. Have an (old) website with the same problems myself. I have seen a few other websites with similar issues. Though I have spent many hours on research here, I didn't find a real cause... only that it is database related. :-\
For now, I don't think it is a new problem within the 1.9 release...

Regards, Rolf  :)
- + - + - + - + - + - + -
LATEST TUTORIAL AT CMS CAN BE SIMPLE:
Migrating Company Directory module to LISE
Dutch_guy
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by Dutch_guy »

The new version is very nice !

The only thing I experience is something with TinyMCE, however not the same issue as described here. My TinyMCE shows up and I can use it. However the labels aren't displayed, see screenshot:

Rolf
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Rolf »

Dutch_guy wrote: The only thing I experience is something with TinyMCE, however not the same issue as described here. My TinyMCE shows up and I can use it. However the labels aren't displayed, see screenshot:
@ Dutch_guy
This should be fixed in the SVN and will be shipped with the coming new release...

Greetz, another Dutch guy  :)
barboni
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by barboni »

Hey folks,
does anyone have problem I described earlier in this post? The URL's created inside pages don't work for me in 1.9. I mean, they are created as I want to, but when I click on the link it says page not found!

I use mod_rewrite with no extension and it works fine.
Rolf
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Rolf »

calguy1000 wrote: Hello all.

Well, as usual, there were some issues that neither the development team or the beta team caught prior to release.

Because there were more than a handful of issues (this is understandable due to the amount of changes in the 1.9 release)  we decided to wait and gather the issues, and then release a new version once the majority of the items had come in.

Over the past week the dev team has been working hard to get these issues confirmed, fixed, and confirmed fixed.. There are quite a few of them actually.  And we even managed to find a few that weren't reported in the 1.9 beta cycle, or since the release.  Some of them old issues, some of them new.  In particular, MenuManager has received a lot of attention.

So we're just waiting now on some final testing, and to update the changelog and a few other documents, and then we'll be releasing 1.9.1

Stay tuned, and thank you for your time.
barboni
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by barboni »

Is it safe to upgrade to latest modules in 1.8.2?
NaN

Post by NaN »

If you use the ModuleManager it should be safe since it tells you if the module will work with your current install before anything is installed.

If you use the zip files to install the the modules yourself you should take a look in the file [Modulename].module.php before you upload it to the server. There is a function MinimumCMSVersion(). This will tell you what minimum CMS version is required.
pukka
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by pukka »

Hello,

I am having problems trying to add pages but it's showing a blank page when you click submit and the page doesn't show up in the list of pages (admin area) or on the front end of the site.

Thanks.
Peace & Love

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Useful stuff: {$entry->fields|@print_r}

web design london
moorezilla

Post by moorezilla »

Are you doing anything with jquery on your site? If so, that might be the issue. I disabled some jquery stuff on a site (jquery pulled in for use other than in the admin area of cmsms) and this fixed the problem for me, the problem with adding pages and having them show up in the page list.
sanderhartveld
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by sanderhartveld »

The functionality for IP filtering on 'site is down for maintainance' is broken in my 1.9 installation.

Return to “[locked] Installation, Setup and Upgrade”