New Site Launch

Project Announcements. This is read-only, as in... not for problems/bugs/feature request.
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

New Site Launch

Post by Ted »

Reposted from: http://cmsmadesimple.org/2010/06/28/new-site-launch/
After weeks of blood, sweat and tears, we've finally launched our long awaited redesign. It's taken approximately two months from design to implementation to launch, but we're finally here. Along with our main site, we've also reskinned the forums and wiki to match what will be our new look and feel.

With that, we've also moved from using Wordpress as our blog to our very own CGBlog module. Care was taken to make sure URLs are still backwards compatible and hopefully everything was taken care of, but I know we'll be tweaking that aspect for the next few weeks. The RSS feeds, however, should perform as they did before and no articles should be lost.

I just want to take time and thank Emeka Rajis of Defined Clarity for his awesome design. Keith of Utter, for the logo (which careful eyes will notice we've been using for awhile now). And, of course, Mark Reed of MultiinTech for his awesome html/css prowess in carving this thing up. Last but not least, our own Jeff Bosch for digging in and putting an Wordpress -> CGBlog/CGFeedback import script together very quickly. You guys all seriously rock.

We'll be fixing issues throughout the week, but feel free to leave a comment on anything that seems out of place. We would love to make this transition as foolproof as humanly possible.

Thanks!
Last edited by Ted on Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
owr_bgld

Re: New Site Launch

Post by owr_bgld »

I only can find, that the dev is one of the issues you'll make this week.

It's a great design - clear and gentle colored. A delicacy for the eyes of the users.
protempore
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by protempore »

An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind
Mahatma Gandhi (1869-1948)
bess
Language Partners
Language Partners

Post by bess »

delicious! could we have the source to adapt the French site please (and the rest of the sites of other countries)?

email me for more information ;)
emu79

Post by emu79 »

New site looks great!

When I go to add module manager I am getting the following error:

Although a connection was successfully made to the specified module repository. It appears that this repository is not yet sharing any modules

Is this anything to do with the new design/folder system?
Jos
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by Jos »

Congratulations with this fantastic new layout  8)

one small remark: it doesn't display the way it should in IE7
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

Yeah, we're currently fixing the IE issue.  Can you tell which browser we don't use often?  :)
Haku

Post by Haku »

This new design is amazing. I really like it. ;)
owr_bgld

Post by owr_bgld »

Now I did find something  ;D - not like in the morning (CET)

On the page there are Titles as links to Features, Modules, Design & Development. Only Features works.

The Modul-Link eg. is http://www.cmsmadesimple.org/features/modules -> 404 not found

EDIT: btw - maybe there can be changed the link from picture album to gallery (album is very old and not developed - Jos work is very well done)
http://cmsmadesimple.org/about-link/features/ In the list of "via extra modules"
Has nothing to do with design - but when relaunch - why not also some lists  ;D
Last edited by owr_bgld on Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
replytomk3

Post by replytomk3 »

Please post the code of the Wordpress -> CGBlog/CGFeedback import script into the Forge. Sounds like something many other people would find useful.
luminous
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by luminous »

I'm loving the new look.  Has a nice summery feel to it, easy on the eye too  8)
Chops13

Post by Chops13 »

Love the new 'fresh' look... congrats to all involved...
jazzbüro
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by jazzbüro »

The Download Section is missing completely the changelog information

That is awful! Where to find changelog info?????
iNSiPiD

Post by iNSiPiD »

That sexy transparent PNG on the navigation dropdown makes my toes tingle. Lovely. ;)

Did someone mention IE7 compatibility? Really?! Two words: Up Grade. That way it can look even worse in IE8. Just remember to check compatibility mode. :D
frankmanl
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by frankmanl »

Thank you for this nice new design. Great improvement in the way the wiki's menu is displayed. Unfortunately I rebuilt the dutch wiki's menu about half a year ago, to simulate the effect you now introduced with the unfolding menu panels. I'll have to do some things all over again to get it right in the new design.
But that's OK, I've got a couple of day's off in the next week to do this. And a real solution is always better than a simulating work around!

Return to “Announcements”