Custom Fields and lang php files

This is a FORK of the CMS Made Simple project and is not oficially supported in any way by the CMS Made Simple development team.
cmaunoury
Forum Members
Forum Members

Custom Fields and lang php files

Post by cmaunoury »

Hi everyone,

I am building a website using modules such as Company Directory or Products for other uses than their primary ones (i.e. using Products for a Project pages, etc.). To make it possible - and easier for my client, I have to tweak the way the module displays in the admin area, with the method described by Calguy here: http://calguy1000.com/Blogs/6/60.html.

So far, so good, it works great.
Thing is, I am using an extensive amount of custom fields in the Products and the Company Directory modules AND I have a multilanguage website built with MLE.

I have seen some other topics flirting with this subject but none really tackling it: is there a way to call the custom fields in the languages files? That would be so comfortable to work with the admin area and the templates. And I would not have to build one version of each template per language I am using, calling them through categories, which is a huge loss of time and sometimes of possibilities for the modules...

I have tried the basic:

Code: Select all

$lang['myfield'] = 'My Field';

to no avail...

I was wondering if maybe there was a similar way as the one used to call them in the templates, something like:

$lang['customfieldsbyname.myfield '] = 'My Field';
but did not work either...

Any input, idea or theory on this matter?

Thanks a bunch!

Colin

Using: CMSMS 1.6.6 "Bonde" with Products 2.4.3, Company Directory 1.4.1 (but this is a subject that would apply to any module put in a module_custom directory...)
Peciura

Re: Custom Fields and lang php files

Post by Peciura »

And I would not have to build one version of each template per language
To build one template for all languages i am using "Translation Manager" module (this way i have reusable dictionary)

{tr_key key='price' lang=$lang}
instead of

{$mod->Lang('price')}
or just

Price

Edit:
If you want to access translation from any module ('CGBlog' in this case) and use in any template write similar smarty structure

{assign var='temp_translation' value=`$gCms->modules.CGBlog.object`}
{$temp_translation->Lang('firstpage')}
It is enough to assign module once and "$temp_translation" can be used as many times as you want to.
Last edited by Peciura on Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “[locked] CMSMS MLE fork”