CMS Made Simple 1.3-beta1

Project Announcements. This is read-only, as in... not for problems/bugs/feature request.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

CMS Made Simple 1.3-beta1

Post by calguy1000 »

As some people have already found, CMS Made Simple 1.3-beta1 is available here:

http://dev.cmsmadesimple.org/frs/download.php/2108/cmsmadesimple-1.3-beta1.tar.gz

and here:

http://dev.cmsmadesimple.org/frs/download.php/2109/cmsmadesimple-1.3-beta1.zip

Please test.

Here are the primary things that need testing:

1) Memory limits....
    Is 16mb still sufficient for the bare install.. We have had some reports that it is fine, and some reports that it isn't.

2) Page re-ordering, changing parents, etc.
    We've noticed that occasionally problems can arise where the page hierarchy gets a bit confused after moving
    pages about.  We need to isolate this issue, and find out exactly how to reproduce it.  Once we have concrete
    methods to reproduce the problem we can easily find the spot and add the one ort wo lines of code
    to fix it.

Enjoy, and please tell us how the testing goes.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
MichaelK

Re: CMS Made Simple 1.3-beta1

Post by MichaelK »

I just did a upgrade. Only TinyMCE don't work really fine but I re-install this module and it works fine now.
No problems so far, I love the new layout ;) It's great!!

And I did a fresh install. No problems! It all works really fine.  :)
snafu
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by snafu »

Testing has gone well for me, G-R-E-A-T stuff  ;D

Natively I have 64MB memory limit but may try changing and testing!!

I tried re-ordering the default sample pages and didn't observe any problems!!

I will post more when/if I observe anything strange.
"Catch a man a fish and he'll have fish for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll have fish for a lifetime"-Chinese Proverb
RonnyK
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by RonnyK »

For those that upgraded to the new 1.3beta1.....

Some settings changed in TinyMCE, so you have to press the ¨reset all settings to default ¨ on Tiny´s plugins tab to get the new functions, and renamed old functions working again, f.e. internal linking. This is because preferences aren't touched on an upgrade.....

Ronny
Milhaus

Post by Milhaus »

For me it looks like 16 mb is now sufficient only for bare install. I installed Products (+ dependencies) and noticed, that Module manager module refused to show up (blank page). After uninstall everything went back to normal.
MichaelK

Post by MichaelK »

I also miss this option. just like Dont in the other forum.

I missed one thing at TinyMCE, If you want to add a picture your not able to upload a new one.
You are only able to select a already uploaded one.
Nullig
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Nullig »

I installed 2 test versions and have had no problems. One had 16M memory limit and, as was reported earlier, it works until you start to add modules.

I'm going to try an upgrade for another test site, to see how that goes.

There's a typo in the "Layout: Top menu + 2 columns" stylesheet...

Code: Select all

ndiv#content {
   margin: 1.5em auto 2em 0; /* some air above and under menu and content */
}
instead of...

Code: Select all

div#content {
   margin: 1.5em auto 2em 0; /* some air above and under menu and content */
}
I don't think it was introduced with this version, but it could be cleaned up.

Nullig
Last edited by Nullig on Sat May 31, 2008 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
alby

Post by alby »

SchPeter wrote: I installed the beta1 and seemed to be OK. But after I changed the admin theme, nothing happened. I logged out and when I went to the log in window, the new theme appeared. Logged in and the theme was still the default (old one).
Change theme in User preference also (if you change in Global Preference, only login page will be change)

Alby
tinhat
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by tinhat »

I'm testing through a clean install of 1.3-beta1 with the default example content on WAMP (Win Vista):
Apache 2.2.6
PHP 5.2.5

No memory issues with 16MB but this is only the base install of cmsms.

My main feedback relates to changes made to TinyMCE

My major advice is to restore the FCKEditor Simple image browser/uploader plugin. Was this just an oversight that it was not included? I consider it a major usability enhancer for a CMS. It adds a lot of utility to the end user (site owner/editor). Users want this feature. Generally, my experience has been that users don't organise their workflow sufficiently to upload images and files before they go to create/edit a page. Thus, being able to upload via the editor is a major usability issue.

I notice that a "Custom dropdown menu" feature has been included which also includes some smarty tags by default. I went ahead and inserted the start expand/collapse-area and end expand/collapse-area tags around some content to test it out. When I viewed the page I received the error:

"Error: The expand/collapse plugin requires that both parameters (id,title) are used." unless you put those parameters into the smarty tag.

No problem I just went and added those parameters into the tags. My feedback, is that if these tags are included by default, you might get a lot of posts/support requests from new users not familiar with smarty tags.

I've just recently evaluated a whole heap of open source CMS. Previously I've used closed source and Joomla. CMSMS rocks. I'm yet to deploy it in a project as I have just been evaluating and learning at this stage. It is the best I have found for ease of use for the end user (the site owner/editor). Great work and many thanks!
stopsatgreen
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by stopsatgreen »

Have run two upgrades from 1.2.5 to 1.3, so far without any incident. Seems good and stable to me.
nmotion
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by nmotion »

Well, just made a clean 1.3 B1 install and when I go to the "pages" page it is empty and has no standard pages.

I have not had any issues with the stable releases of 1.2.x
nuno

Post by nuno »

I notice that a "Custom dropdown menu" feature has been included which also includes some smarty tags by default. I went ahead and inserted the start expand/collapse-area and end expand/collapse-area tags around some content to test it out. When I viewed the page I received the error:

"Error: The expand/collapse plugin requires that both parameters (id,title) are used." unless you put those parameters into the smarty tag.
thanks for this report

Best Regards
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

nmotion wrote: Well, just made a clean 1.3 B1 install and when I go to the "pages" page it is empty and has no standard pages.

I have not had any issues with the stable releases of 1.2.x
What does your httpd error log say?
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
blast2007
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by blast2007 »

MichaelK wrote: I also miss this option. just like Dont in the other forum.

I missed one thing at TinyMCE, If you want to add a picture your not able to upload a new one.
You are only able to select a already uploaded one.
Same for me. Impossible to upload new image in file picker because related upload input form is missing.

Regards
blast

P.S. New admin theme is impressive. Thanks to Nuno.
jce76350
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by jce76350 »

Hi,
Same for me. Impossible to upload new image in file picker because related upload input form is missing.
Please see  Tiny MCE question
Jean-Claude Etiemble

Return to “Announcements”