HTML special codes in news categegory

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
babel
Forum Members
Forum Members

HTML special codes in news categegory

Post by babel »

I need in the news-module to name a couple of categories. Works fine, except when using grave accent. For example:

Code: Select all

{news number='5' category='Personal branding,Werken aan je Carrière'}
only shows Personal branding. How can I make sure that Werken aan je Carrière wil also turn up?
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: HTML special codes in news categegory

Post by DIGI3 »

News is a pretty basic module, and quite dated. The category names are essentially aliases so restricted in what they can contain.

If you only have a few, you could give them a simple name (alias) such as 'branding', then in your template add a more detailed title based on a check of the simple category name.

CGBlog, which is a fork of the News module, expanded on this a little bit by adding a field for a description of the category, but it's still a victim of age. Depending upon your setup and requirements, LISE might be another option as it distinguishes between the alias and title of a category.

The future does promise either an update or replacement for News, but not quite yet.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
babel
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: HTML special codes in news categegory

Post by babel »

Thanks DIGI3 for your reply. I'll live with it.

Return to “CMSMS Core”