Error message when trying to list content in cmsmadesimple 1.8.1 [SOLVED]

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
davids355
Power Poster
Power Poster

Error message when trying to list content in cmsmadesimple 1.8.1 [SOLVED]

Post by davids355 »

I am running cmsmadesimple 1.8.1 and I have started getting an error message when trying to list page content in the backend:

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 30408704) (tried to allocate 2545 bytes) in /homepages/10/d33428xxxx/htdocs/electricgallery/admin/listcontent.php on line 949

I was having this message with 1.7.6 (or whatever the version was before 1.8). Upgraded to 1.8 same error, upgraded to 1.8.1 same error:(

Also, it only gives this error in one user account - and this account stands out from the rest because the user has created about 90 subpages - thats the only thing I can think that makes the error for only that account.

I have tried increasing php memory limit to 30M (max allowed by my host) but that does not help either.

I know I could just make a new user account, but would like to get to the bottom of the problem.

Any help much appreciated.
Last edited by davids355 on Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NaN

Re: Error message when trying to list content in cmsmadesimple 1.8.1 backend

Post by NaN »

This has been answered many times.
The problem is that this user account has expanded too much child pages in the content list. Memory of 30M is not enough for almost 100 pages i guess.

The simplest solution:
Login to your backend and change in your browsers address bar "index.php" into "listcontent.php" and append at the end "&collapseall=1".
Hit the enter key.
This will collapse all pages and should load the content list without memory trouble.

But notice: whenever you expand many pages again the error will reappear.
davids355
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by davids355 »

I apologise, I honestly did look around for solutions, must have overlooked that!

Il try that solution, it makes sense.

On another note, is there a sub-page limit? We're on about 90 subpages in one section and I wanted to keep going - have about 300 pages to add is that too much?
NaN

Post by NaN »

You can manage as many pages as you want.
The only problem is when list them at once.
(as you could see in list content and if you create a menu with all 300 pages at once - like a sitemap)

In my opinion 30M for 300 pages is just not enough.
But this also depends on how many and what modules are used.
I mostly have at least 64M and had no trouble.
Last edited by NaN on Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
davids355
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by davids355 »

Well I have the pages listed using menu manager on the front end, see here www.electricgallery.co.uk and click on art history.

Will that cause a problem? Perhaps il have to look at upgrading... I do have a dedicated server as well but really want to keep that free for one of my other sites...
NaN

Post by NaN »

You can also use the NewsModule or any other article management module for that.
As i know this should use less memory.
davids355
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Error message when trying to list content in cmsmadesimple 1.8.1 [SOLVED]

Post by davids355 »

that sorted it, thanks alot

Return to “CMSMS Core”