What version CMS do I have?

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
cms3000

What version CMS do I have?

Post by cms3000 »

Hello everybody!

Any idea how I can check what version a site's CMS is? The isp updated PHP and now the CMS does not work anymore.

Could this problem be solved by upgrading the CMS?

Sorry, I really do not know anything about this CMS. All ideas welcome, all help needed. Thanks in advance!
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Re: What version CMS do I have?

Post by calguy1000 »

1: If you have access to the cmsms admin panel the version number 'should' be displayed on the bottom of each and every admin page.

2: For older versions of CMSMS you can grab the 'version.php' file from the root directory via SSH (or FTP) and read that file. It will tell you the version number and name.

3. For newer versions of CMSMS you can grab the 'lib/version.php' file via SSH or FTP.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
cms3000

Post by cms3000 »

Thanks for the quick reply!
calguy1000 wrote:1: If you have access to the cmsms admin panel the version number 'should' be displayed on the bottom of each and every admin page.
All right! Thank you!

I guess it's the version 1.7. Here's a pic of the footer:

My next question is that may I upgrade this 1.7 to 2.0? What is your guess, would it is possible will it solve this problem (screenshot):

... same on the website (example screenshot):

For me that looks like the 1.7 version is not working with the PHP on the server now. Could this be solved by upgrading CMS 1.7 to 2.0?

Thanks in advance! All ideas welcome! Thank you!
paulbaker
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by paulbaker »

Yes an upgrade should sort it out. If it doesn't, this forum will be able to help further. 1.7 is very old and unsupported. Visit:
http://docs1.cmsmadesimple.org/upgradin ... nformation
http://docs1.cmsmadesimple.org/upgrading/old-versions
To copy System Information to the forum:
https://docs.cmsmadesimple.org/troubles ... nformation

CMS Made Simple Geekmoots attended:
Nottingham, UK 2012 | Ghent, Belgium 2015 | Leicester, UK 2016
cms3000

Post by cms3000 »

Thank YOU! I will read this very carefully. Thank you.

Stay put for more questions! Coming soon!

Return to “CMSMS Core”