Class "cms route" not found

The place to talk about things that are related to CMS Made simple, but don't fit anywhere else.
cowtan
Forum Members
Forum Members

Class "cms route" not found

Post by cowtan »

Hi - I have a cmsms implementation that's been running happily for a number of years now. Today the site is giving this error -
Fatal error: Class 'CmsRoute' not found in /nfs/c08/h06/mnt/116166/domains/babieswholunch.com/html/lib/classes/class.contentoperations.inc.php on line 1077
I believe it's related to this issue - http://forum.cmsmadesimple.org/viewtopi ... =8&t=53577 - which was typically solved by clearing the cache.

The problem is that I can't access the admin pages so can't clear the cache. Is there any way of clearing the cache "by hand" ie via sftp or similar?

The site is here - http://totseat.com/. For various reasons, it uses a very old version of cmsms (1.7 I think).

Any suggestions gratefully accepted.
cowtan
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Class "cms route" not found

Post by cowtan »

Actually, it's not quite as ancient a version of cmsms as I originally thought, it's 1.9.4.3
Dr.CSS

Post by Dr.CSS »

Sounds like your host upgraded the PHP so you really need to upgrade that site, to clear the cache by hand go to the "servers" file manager and empty the tmp/cache and tmp/templates_c folders, they should have an empty index.html to stop folder access from outside...
cowtan
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by cowtan »

Thanks for the advice - much appreciated - though clearing the caches by hand doesn't seem to have solved the problem so I'm wondering if it's being caused by something else. It sounds from the first part of your message that you think it might be a PHP compatability issue?
paulbaker
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by paulbaker »

Check with your host, you need to know if the PHP version has been updated recently and what version it was and what it is now. It's possible that old code that was running fine is now invalid in the new version of PHP.

See if you can get the version of PHP put back temporarily whilst you upgrade, following these instructions:

http://docs1.cmsmadesimple.org/upgradin ... nformation
http://docs1.cmsmadesimple.org/upgrading/old-versions

Regardless of PHP versions, you will need to upgrade anyway. You are trying to run a 4.5 year old version of CMSMS.
To copy System Information to the forum:
https://docs.cmsmadesimple.org/troubles ... nformation

CMS Made Simple Geekmoots attended:
Nottingham, UK 2012 | Ghent, Belgium 2015 | Leicester, UK 2016
cowtan
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by cowtan »

Hi Paul - Thanks for the suggestions. I've checked with the host (mediatemple) who tell me that the version of PHP is 5.3.29 but it hasn't been changed for a couple of years. I've asked them to check if anything else in the configuration of the hosting has changed recently though they claim not.

I've also just tried upgrading to 1.10.3 as a first step but when I go to install/upgrade.php I get the error message -
Fatal error: Class 'ContentOperations' not found in /nfs/c08/h06/mnt/116166/domains/babieswholunch.com/html/lib/autoloader.php on line 82
cowtan
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Class "cms route" not found [resolved]

Post by cowtan »

OK, finally tracked down the problem to mediatemple changing the path to the html directory and not telling us. Because 1.9.4.3 uses complete directory paths in the config.php file this meant it broke. Changing the paths to the correct value in the config.php file appears to have fixed everything (but, of course, this problem wouldn't have happened with a more recent version of cmsms).
emac

Post by emac »

Hello cowtan, i have exactly the same trouble than you. I have this message
Fatal error: Class 'ContentOperations' not found in /flex/storage/lapensiondes3chats.fr/site/www/lib/autoloader.php on line 82
Can you tell me how did you do to solve the problem ? Thanks a lot for your time
cowtan
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by cowtan »

Like I said in my previous post, it was a matter of sorting the paths in the config.php file. They needed to be changed because my host had changed the paths on the server without telling anyone.

I've no idea if the same solution would work for you but if you can check what the path ares to the directory containing your installation and compare them against what's in you config.php file. If they're the same then this probably isn't the problem you've got. If they're different then update them, save the config file and everything should be sorted

Return to “The Lounge”