Determining what form {FrontEndUsers} is displaying

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
wakewatcher
Forum Members
Forum Members

Determining what form {FrontEndUsers} is displaying

Post by wakewatcher »

Is there a way for the content page to know what form is being shown by {FrontEndUsers} I want to print instructions depending on what is being shown. (depending if login or signout) Unfortunately it is not a simple matter of making a UDT of something like:

Code: Select all

$feusers = cms_utils::get_module('FrontEndUsers');
$id = $feusers->LoggedInId();
if(!empty($id)) return true;
as I've found that one can be logged in and still getting a log in form rather than a sign out form.
thx.
Last edited by wakewatcher on Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Re: Determining what form {FrontEndUsers} is displaying

Post by calguy1000 »

/me thinks that your problems are more related to your setup.

The FEU stuff has been used on tens of thousands of websites without problems, as long as your host is reasonably compatible AND you followed the instructions.

But you haven't shared enough information as to how you setup FEU to even provide a hint to the problem.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
wakewatcher
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by wakewatcher »

Thanks Calguy. (I'm still trying to adapt to your particular brand of bedside manner. ;D )

Did you mean to say something supportive like:

"Hmmm... If that bit of code returns an id then you should be seeing the sign out form. If not then that would indicate that there is a problem with FEU which I don't believe there is since it's been used on tens of thousands of websites...."

Sorry if it came across that I was claiming there is a problem here with FEU. That WASN'T (in knee jerk reflex to your "AND" ;) ) my intent.

Nonetheless, all editorials aside, I'd like to know how to do what I'm asking if it's possible. I'm working on something that I hope at least some might might find useful. ~Namaste
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

Have you enabled smarty caching?
Have you disabled caching on the pages with {FrontEndUsers} on them
( a page that has to be different for each request cannot be cached )
Are you using any UDT's or any other modules that may conflict?
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
wakewatcher
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by wakewatcher »

Thanks for the very quick reply. I apologize if this is getting blurred with my questions elsewhere. I'm wondering if your questions here are regarding my thread that apparently got moved to the lounge. (http://forum.cmsmadesimple.org/viewtopi ... 28&t=65457)

But to answer your questions: smarty caching is not enabled (from the Global Settings tab) nor any cache enabled set to yes on that page, caching is not enabled on my login page which contains {FrontEndUsers}.

Truly here, in this case, I'm simply asking if there is a variable set or some other indicator, other than what I tried, which {FrontEndUsers} provides to indicate which form is being rendered. If "no" is the answer that's ok and I'll move on.

Thx.

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”