CompanyDirectory multi-language thoughts

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
NikNak
Forum Members
Forum Members

CompanyDirectory multi-language thoughts

Post by NikNak »

Hello

I am looking to implement a dual language website featuring a company directory.

The site hierarchy would look like this with a language identifier at the root.
/en/pages/etc
/de/pages/etc

I have been looking at the CompanyDirectory module which covers most things nicely. However I am a bit stuck as to what to do about pretty urls, as the module only allows one detail page if pretty urls are used. This clearly would cause problems as there needs to be a detail page for each language.

The module uses an alias of the individual company to implement urls like www.mysite/company_a and www.mysite/company_b.

If the CompanyDirectory detail page is set as (for example) at a hierarchy of /en/companies/detail then the companies menu item will still be active for the 'en' language version when viewing these detail pages, but would be showing the wrong menu page when called from the other languages.

Alternatively, creating a detail page outside of the root of each language would mean the companies menu item's wouldn't be active for any language.

Has anyone any thoughts on the best approach I could use? I understand the module was never intended for multi language use, but I would like to find a solution one way or another.

Many thanks if you can help.

Kind regards
NikNak

[Addition]
I should point out that the companies will need to be categorised and each company can belong to more than one category - so a straight list created in Listit2 would not suit, (unless some method for categorisation was implemented I guess).

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”