Cataloger - additional editors

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
joxyzhan
Forum Members
Forum Members

Cataloger - additional editors

Post by joxyzhan »

I have created a homepage for a veeery important client (my father :) ) and was about to let him start add and edit content. So I started testing his user account (CMSMS version 1.11.2.1) and realized that Cataloger (version 0.11.2) will let him add new content (i.e. Item Page), but not fill in all of the User-Defined Attributes, nor make the Cataloger pages visible on the frontend!

I found a bug report from 2010 of this exact problem:
http://dev.cmsmadesimple.org/bug/view/4112

But no solution?

I tried editing the Group Permissions with no result. The ones I could think would help was:
Add Pages
Manage All Content
Modify Any Page
Modify Catalog Settings (but it has nothing to do with Cataloger right..?)
Modify Modules

But there is something missing here....? What we need is something similar to Approve News For Frontend Display or Approve CGBlog For Frontend Display, right?
Jo Morg
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Cataloger - additional editors

Post by Jo Morg »

I'll take a look into it, when possible. :)
"There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary... and those who don't."
* by the way: English is NOT my native language (sorry for any mistakes...).
Code of Condut | CMSMS Docs | Help Support CMSMS
My developer Page on the Forge
GeekMoot 2015 in Ghent, Belgium: I was there!
GeekMoot 2016 in Leicester, UK: I was there!
DevMoot 2023 in Cynwyd, Wales: I was there!
joxyzhan
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by joxyzhan »

Jo Morg wrote:I'll take a look into it, when possible. :)
Thank you Jo! Would be splendid if you could propose a solution or do something about it soon! Cataloger seems to be a very well-developed and popular module so this error surprised me...

While at it, I have found another problem though, noted by others too: http://forum.cmsmadesimple.org/viewtopi ... =8&t=15840
joxyzhan
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by joxyzhan »

Added my experience as a comment to the existing bug report:
http://dev.cmsmadesimple.org/bug/view/4112
joxyzhan
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by joxyzhan »

I found another bug report about Cataloger that I think might be related to my problem...

http://dev.cmsmadesimple.org/bug/view/6169

Because I realized that my problem is that users logged in as Editors can not affect any user-defined-attribute. Adding something to those fields simply wont get saved... The Editors can add and modify posts (Item Pages) in the backend, the reason they wont show up on my page is because visiblity is dependent on one of the user-defined-attribute (in my specific solution).

I am using this piece of code to sort out the Item Pages I want:

Code: Select all

{section name=numloop loop=$items}
{if $items[numloop].type == 'Music'}
(where "type" is that user-defined-attribute field...!)

I would like to sort them based on what Sub_Template they have but didn't get that to work:

Code: Select all

{section name=numloop loop=$items}
{if $items[numloop].sub-template == 'Music'}
That is why I added the user-defined-attribute "type". And ran into this problem. Which also affects 5 other user-defined-attributes I want to use... :(
Maybe this helps Jo..?

And: do you (or anyone else) know what piece of code I need to choose Item Pages based on sub-template instead of a user-defined-attribute? I had a look in phpMyAdmin and realized Template is not one of the attributes... (and also: that I am not that good at Php... ;) )
joxyzhan
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by joxyzhan »

Update: Even making an Admin-user account for the client to use only for making changes in Cataloger didn't work..! When handing over the administration of the page to the client today the only solution was giving access to my own Admin login details! It seems that only the user who installed the module is able to administrate it... Isn't it weird that this problem have not been reported and fixed earlier? It sure is "major"....

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”