CGBlog module not appearing in page

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
JohnRepton
Forum Members
Forum Members

CGBlog module not appearing in page

Post by JohnRepton »

Hi I've just installed the 1.11.3 darwin version of CMSMS and I've installed the latest version of CGBlog module and the dependant modules that it prompted me to install.

Please be pacient with me as I have no idea of php or smarty tags.
The problem is that when I add the {CGBlog} tag into the content section of the page where I want the blog to be, nothing appears. I thought this might be because I hadn't created any entries so I made a test one but still nothing (If I'm honest I held out little hope tha that was the problem).

After googling around I also tried changing the default detail page from none to my blog page in the admin pannel but alas still no sign of it.

Could someone point me in the right direction as to what might be causing this, I hope that it's something blindingly obvious that I have overlooked, but without any error as such to work with I'm a bit stuck.

John
andriesinfoserv
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: CGBlog module not appearing in page

Post by andriesinfoserv »

did you set your new test blog post to "published"? i think by default it will be in "draft" mode. Also the detail page the module refers to is the page you arrive at after you click on the story headline or "more" link, so it shouldn't have any effect on rendering the "summary" page content.
JohnRepton
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by JohnRepton »

Hi Andriesinfoserv,

Well don't I feel like a wally! setting the blog to published did the trick, you know I could have sworn I tried that the other day without success but I've just tried again now and it appears so what the heck as long as it's there I'm happy.

While I'm on the topic of CGBlog you seem to be very knowledgeable on the subject, I don't suppose you know which stylesheet the CGBlog module uses so i can customise it, i can't see anything obvious under the list of stylesheets under the layout tab. Should I just use the existing classes that appear in the templates and then style for them in my page template's style sheet?

Thanks so much for the help it was causing hair loss unnecessarily.
Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

John
andriesinfoserv
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by andriesinfoserv »

great! glad that's all it was. It's very easy to miss a setting while trying to figure out what is going on with something.

i looked at one of my site's blogs and i don't see an original cgblog stylesheet so i would do as you suggested and just style for the existing classes/id's in your cgblog template. you can always add to those templates, rename, whatever you need to do. Though it is wise to copy the default module templates to your own custom named module template and then make your changes there as most modules will leave your custom templates alone upon upgrading. but if you want to be positive, save your module templates with your exported theme files offsite.

good luck and merry christmas to you as well.
JohnRepton
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by JohnRepton »

Thanks for the help andriesinfoserv, will do as you suggested re stylesheets.

Just got to find a module to make the blog page accessible to members and guests only now!

Merry Christmas

John

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”