A new photo album manager : Gallery

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
nicmare
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: A new photo album manager : Gallery

Post by nicmare »

remove the jquery call from the "gallery module" template
nicmare
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by nicmare »

do what i told you ;)
you can manually erase the jquery line in your old template
nicmare
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by nicmare »

NO!
take the old template. and then in the gallery module template there you have to erase the jquery.js line
nicmare
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by nicmare »

never touch a running system :)
Erhaoen
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by Erhaoen »

And what would be the best and proper way to build gallery which works like this:

On Page1 thumbnails only. When I click on thumb it redirects to Page2 with fullsize image open and navigation (next/prev and go back to Page1), and no thumbnails on this page.

My first idea was to modify AE-Gallery template as it works similar to what I need, split it somehow to big image and thumbnail part. But I'm not sure if it's the simplest method to get there, mayby I don't need js stuff to make it work? It would be perfect, as I'm trying to build supersimple and minimalistic website. Any advice? Thanks!
Jos
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by Jos »

If the thumbs on page 1 are "albumcovers" then the AE-Gallery template does what you want by default
Erhaoen
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by Erhaoen »

Well it could work if not the issue with height attribute in AE-Gallery, looks like it accepts only pixels, I tried to set height in percentage even in .js file, but I couldn't hack it. My all images are 800px width and various heights, so I'm still looking for ideas. Mayby you could take a look at [this link] so you'll understand my needs ? In Review section I just did few subpages, but in Paintings there's gonna be loads of pics, so I need Gallery badly...
Last edited by Erhaoen on Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
borque

Post by borque »

Thanks for a great Module :)

Apologies if this has been asked before, I can't find it using search...

If the gallery just comprises of sub-folders, then the image count displays "0 images" on the first page which I feel could be a bit misleading to users.

Is there an easy way of suppressing the image count at the top of the gallery page?
Jos
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by Jos »

borque, you can make a change in the gallery template

Code: Select all

<p>{$imagecount}</p>
to

{if $numimages > 0}<p>{$imagecount}</p>{/if}
or delete that line completely
borque

Post by borque »

Thanks!

I was looking for that but didn't realise I'd have to edit the Fancybox template, I was looking for a general gallery template.
antiheld2000
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by antiheld2000 »

Sorry, if it has been asked before: Why is every uploaded PNG transformed into a JPG? Is there a possibility to stop this and get the original PNG to be showed?
Jos
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by Jos »

antiheld2000, I guess you are referring to the uploadfunction in Gallery. Gallery uses the SWFUpload plugin for this, and it is correct that it converts png to jpg before uploading the image.

However you can still use the good old ImageManager or FTP to upload png images to Gallery. They won't get converted to jpg.
antiheld2000
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by antiheld2000 »

Thank you very much for the hint.
mike-r

Post by mike-r »

Jos wrote:Not without hacking the code (default path settings) on top of the file Gallery.module.php
It should be very nice, to owerwrite this Defaults in following Versions in the preferences or in the config.php (or both) (like the thumb-settings).

Is that possible? And will it implemented?
doolak

Post by doolak »

Hello there!

I have the same problem like Kamistral, which posted some days before:
Kamistral wrote:Hi,
the Gallery module is one of my favorites for cmsms :-)

... but, right now I have a small problem - searched everywhere, found nothing - perhaps I got blind, or nobody had ever the same usage idea like me:
I want to use one template for the "main" gallery, with - lets say - 30 thumbs per page. There are only subgallerys in it, with the "default" theme (not the same as the first one) activated, where I want only 5 thumbs per page. I always thought I can set the "maxnumber" per template, but in this case the setting from "main" gallery overwrites the maxnumber set in the "default" template - I see it in the URL which links to the subgallerys too (something like "http://example.org/gallery/MainGallery/ ... ry/1-30-61", the URL is generated in the "main" template:

<a href="{$image->file}" title="{$image->title}">
Any chances to get what I want without modifying the Gallery module code? Can I change the template of the "main" gallery, to set the maxnumber for the subgalleries? I need "only" to change the "30" in the URL to "5", somehow ;-)

Edit: Found a possibility, at least for my specific case - perhaps somebody can confirm that its not completely wrong: I hard-coded the most part of the URL now in the gallery template for the "main" gallery, linking to the subgalleries:

<a href="/gallery/MainGallery/{$image->filename}/1-5-{$content_id}" title="{$image->title}">
I understood that the second number is the maxnumber of the subgallery, but what about the first number? Can I leave this one static '1'?
I use lytebox slideshow as default template with a max number of items per page set to 9. I need to use another template with a max number of 2 items per page, but the settings of that template are overwritten by the default template, that means 9 again.

Any idea how i could fix that problem?

Kind regards,

Christian

Edit: As Kamistral described its not a matter fo the default template, but of the main Gallery: If the main Gallery is set to a template with a specific number of items, all subgalleries use that parameter - the subgalleries parameters are overwritten.

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”