Object Tag 0.2 Released - feedback appreciated

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
viebig

Re: Object Tag 0.2 Released - feedback appreciated

Post by viebig »

Jean le Chauve wrote: Oh oui : param="flashvars::... ;D !
Thanks a lot, Viebig you are the best :)

I use the tag into more than 900 pages on this site with many different's sources (YouTube, DailyMotion, GoogleVideo, MySpace...). All of the pages are valid Xhtml.

For the DailyMotion's video, it's better modify the path /video/ into /swf/ (otherwise you run with a white screen).
And don't forget replace & to &
Great, let me know if you have any sugeestions about the tag, I will release a new version this year.

Regards

G
celouna

Post by celouna »

Hi,
Thank you for this tag but I am really sad because I can't use it.
I wanted to test it with a .swf in a page.
I did not know where to put the code as it is not explained for unexperienced people but I supposed that it was in the content of the page. So I put this code :

Code: Select all

{object src='uploads/animations/papier.swf' height='500' width='500' param='quality::low||bgcolor::#ffffff' alt='Alternative content'}
in the html code in the page where I wanted to put it.
And… nothing happens. I suppose I forget something very basic. It would be nice to explain how to place the swf animation in a page explainig each step for newbies  :P
celouna

Post by celouna »

Sorry for the message below. Actually there was a problem with the path to the name of the file. I solved the problem, it was a mistake from me.  :D
What is strange nevertheless is that when I upload a quicktime file it does not appear in the list of the files in the admin part although it is really in the directory. But everything works ! Thaank you !  ;D
The last question concerns the tag opened ({object open=1…}). I do not really understand what is the use of it.
viebig

Post by viebig »

celouna wrote: Sorry for the message below. Actually there was a problem with the path to the name of the file. I solved the problem, it was a mistake from me.  :D
What is strange nevertheless is that when I upload a quicktime file it does not appear in the list of the files in the admin part although it is really in the directory. But everything works ! Thaank you !  ;D
The last question concerns the tag opened ({object open=1…}). I do not really understand what is the use of it.
Hello!

the open property fits for acessibility and alternate content purposes.

for example

{object open="1" src="movie.swf"}
<p>This will appear if flash is not installed</p>
{object close="1"}
Regards

G
gigicakent

Post by gigicakent »

Ok so i have added the object tag in my plugins folder, and to show  a embeded youtube video i use this code:

{object open=1 src='http://www.youtube.com/v/2rwa_3RRAKc&hl=fr&fs=1' 
height='344' width='425' class='flashplayer image-candidat'} Vidéo de Elraton Production{object close=1} 
<br /><br />{object close=1}

The problem is that on the home page video shows, but on the video page i added the exact code, but only change the link to another video, so it shows white look here:
http://hoot.host-ed.net/

Any suggestions ?
theredspecial
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by theredspecial »

Hi,

Was looking at this tag for possible use. Before putting the stuff at the website I was wondering:
- I want to use this tag in the footer
- the flash movie to be used should vary per page (it should show the page title)
- the flash movie only needs to slide in the page title (with a nice line under the text - from the left side of the movie).

How can I ensure a different movie is shown based on the current page?

Robert
viebig

Post by viebig »

you can always use the page alias as a parameter

{capture assign="swf"}{$page_alias}.swf{/capture}
{object src=$swf ....
viebig

Post by viebig »

gigicakent wrote: Ok so i have added the object tag in my plugins folder, and to show  a embeded youtube video i use this code:

{object open=1 src='http://www.youtube.com/v/2rwa_3RRAKc&hl=fr&fs=1' 
height='344' width='425' class='flashplayer image-candidat'} Vidéo de Elraton Production{object close=1} 
<br /><br />{object close=1}

The problem is that on the home page video shows, but on the video page i added the exact code, but only change the link to another video, so it shows white look here:
http://hoot.host-ed.net/

Any suggestions ?
Youtube links are not flash files

I will include support to embed youtube videos on a next version
KoalaBlue
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by KoalaBlue »

Viebig, Viebig, Viebig :)

This is sooooo cool!

I found the workaround for iframes, widgets, google maps, amazon code, javascript was the OBJECT code, but I had no idea you had made a CMSMS Tag - bravo! Here's what I've been using:

I know I'll have to go back and read the whole thread - I clicked the link in your sig file and have been captivated while I read :-)

I do a lot of SEO for clients (and love it) but I am SO impressed with the Page Rank you have achieved on FLASH websites with very little text!! I'm absolutely amazed, in fact :)

Great job! Can't wait to install if for clients :D Woohoo!
Last edited by KoalaBlue on Mon May 10, 2010 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
viebig

Post by viebig »

Ty KoalaBlue! Let´s keep rockin!

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”