CMSMS 2.1.5 - CompanyDirectory - CGgooglemaps2

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
WWc
Forum Members
Forum Members

CMSMS 2.1.5 - CompanyDirectory - CGgooglemaps2

Post by WWc »

cmsms-2.1.5
CGGoogleMaps2-1.1.1
CompanyDirectory-1.22.13

I have, for some time now, been creating directories using CompanyDirectory and adding a CGGoogleMap.

This has worked well so long as I use CGGoogleMaps. I have never been successful when using CGGoogleMaps2.

This is what works well (placed in the CompanyDirectory Detail Template) for CGGoogleMaps:

Code: Select all

{cggm_add_dynpoint map='1' name=$entry->company_name address=$entry->address} 
{CGGoogleMaps map='1'}
We are now creating these directories using cmsms2 and CGGoogleMaps doesn't work with cmsms2 SO we MUST use CGGoogleMaps2.

I've just spent the day trying to get a map to show but to no avail.

{cggm2_add_dynpoint map='1' name=$entry->company_name address=$entry->address} 
{CGGoogleMaps2 map='1'}
Everywhere I have searched suggests that CGGoogleMaps2 simply does not work with CompanyDirectory. Everyone, it seems, resorts back to using CGGoogleMaps.

What a tragedy if this is true.

I've tried with and without the API key
I've tried various combinations and permutations of ordering scripts in the template.

Checking the source code suggests it should be working but all I get is a blank area where the map should be.

Has anyone ever managed it, or am I just wasting my time?

Any feedback would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Del
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Re: CMSMS 2.1.5 - CompanyDirectory - CGgooglemaps2

Post by calguy1000 »

Everywhere I have searched suggests that CGGoogleMaps2 simply does not work with CompanyDirectory. Everyone, it seems, resorts back to using CGGoogleMaps.

What a tragedy if this is true.
Of course CGGM2 works with CompanyDirectory and whatever other module you want as long as you can provide reasonable information to the maps module. Whatever information you found online is absolutely incorrect.

CGGM and CGGM2 behave entirely the same way wrt. CompanyDirectory or any other module. You must add the points first... make sure the information you are providing is correct, and then display the map.

Most times people having difficulty haven't looked at their error log, the page output, the admin log, or the javascript console to fix trivial errors. Or they are providing information to the maps module (such as addresses) that Google cannot convert into a latitude/longitude and therefore no marker is displayed.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
WWc
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by WWc »

Thank you.

These are the two error messages that keep appearing. I get them whether using the CompanyDirectory or using CGgooglemaps2 alone.

jquery.cggm_map.js:451 Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined(anonymous function) @ jquery.cggm_map.js:451

Line 451 is

})(jQuery);

map-test:52 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'innerHTML' of undefined(anonymous function) @ map-test:52

Line 52 is:

div.innerHTML = '<h3 style="color: red;">jQuery and jQuery UI Are Required</h3>';

Does this mean anything to anybody? Is there some way I can overcome this?
WWc
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by WWc »

Well, I finally got the map to appear, and at the correct location.
BUT, even then, I simply could not get the marker to show.

I really need to move on with this project so, in the meanwhile, I'm using another of Calguys modules (thank you Calguy)

CGStaticMaps

{CGStaticMaps address="`$entry->address`"}
This has worked straight off with Company Directory, the map can be sized and is responsive, the marker colour can be changed but not customised. Not ideal as it is not interactive but does the job until I have time to spend on making CGgooglemaps2 work with Company Directory.

Hope this may also be a temporary solution for others with the same dilemma.
Rolf
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Rolf »

This should be enough:

{CGStaticMaps address=$entry->address}
Grtz. Rolf
- + - + - + - + - + - + -
LATEST TUTORIAL AT CMS CAN BE SIMPLE:
Migrating Company Directory module to LISE