FrontEnd Multi-Upload for Gallery

A place to make for-pay "CMS made simple" job offerings
Jos
Support Guru
Support Guru

FrontEnd Multi-Upload for Gallery

Post by Jos »

Every now and then I get a question if there is an easy way to upload images to the Gallery module from the frontend.

This should include:
- let the user choose a directory(subgallery) to which he/she wants to upload
- upload multiple images at once, with a client side image resize function to prevent users uploading bloated images.
- add titles, descriptions or any custom fields to Gallery.
- possibly allow the user to create a new directory(subgallery), also with title/description/custom fields.

To answer that question: there is currently no way to accomplish all that.The closest you can get is with the Uploads module, but you have to drop all but one of the above stated requirements and to set it up is not quite that easy.

Recently I got the same question again and this person is willing to sponsor, but not on his own.

So the question is: who wants this feature too and likes to financially contribute?

You can send me a PM or email josvd@live.nl. And please tell me what you expect from this function or how you need to use it.
Jos
Support Guru
Support Guru

Re: FrontEnd Multi-Upload for Gallery

Post by Jos »

Jos wrote:who wants this feature too
With just one response I guess there is no need for this feature... Glad I asked before investing my time ;D
Ramms

Post by Ramms »

I managed to do a minimum features I needed with the module gallery and uploads.

But I'd like to make use of the function to simplify my addtofiledb udt.
peterbisset

Post by peterbisset »

I am willing to sponsor this depending on costs. I have emailed you with requirements...

Return to “Help Wanted (commercial)”