"System Maintenence" not loading after upgrade to 1.11.4

Help with getting the CMS CORE package up and running. This does not include 3rd party modules, PHP scripts, anything downloaded via module manager or from any external source.
jomoweb
Forum Members
Forum Members

"System Maintenence" not loading after upgrade to 1.11.4

Post by jomoweb »

I've upgraded a few sites to 1.11.4 now, and have noticed a common problem. When I try to access system maintenance in the admin, the page will not load. I usually get a time-out or a server error that says:

HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.

This is the error generated in my php error log:

PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function FetchRow() on a non-object in /path/to/site/admin/systemmaintenance.php on line 246

This is the snippet of code starting at line 246:
while ($contentpiece = $allcontent->FetchRow()) {
$pages[] = $contentpiece["content_name"];
if (trim($contentpiece["content_alias"]) == "" && $contentpiece['type'] != 'separator') {
$withoutalias[] = $contentpiece;
}
if (!in_array($contentpiece["type"], $simpletypes)) {
$invalidtypes[] = $contentpiece;
}
//print_r($contentpiece);
}
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Re: "System Maintenence" not loading after upgrade to 1.11.4

Post by calguy1000 »

if that expression fails you have more serious problems.... like 'no content pages', or a serious database integrity problem.

if you have no content pages, create at least one.
if you have one or more content pages, do a database repair, or a restore from backup.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
jomoweb
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by jomoweb »

Thanks for the tips, but I am still struggling. This has happened with several sites now that i have gone back and double checked. New sites are fine, but various sites I have upgraded won't load the system maint tab.

It is definitely not 'no content' pages. There are plenty of those.

I got hollered at by my webhost for running a check table query on all tables. Apparently they don't like that because it bogs down the server resources. When I try to access the tab on various sites, I often just get a connection timeout. That makes me wonder if this CHECK query is taking too long. I do not know what would have happened to make each database messed up during the upgrades. I followed the standard procedures each time.

I found this block of code in the system main file and commented it out. The tab loads now, but something does seem wrong on the database, b/c one time I got the tab to load on a fluke try, and it told me there were 196 Structural errors detected in tables: (list of a bunch tables here)

/*

$query = "CHECK TABLE " . MakeCommaList($tables);
//echo $query;
$checkarray = $db->GetArray($query);
//print_r($checkarray);

$errortables = array();
foreach ($checkarray as $check) {
if (isset($check["Msg_text"]) && $check["Msg_text"] != "OK") {
$errortables[] = $check["Table"];
}
}

$smarty->assign("errorcount", count($errortables));
if (count($errortables) > 0) {
$smarty->assign("errortables", implode(",", $errortables));
}

*/
jomoweb
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by jomoweb »

One other thing, I am trying to repair tables one by one in my DB admin, and some tables says I think that relates to InnoDB tables. "The storage engine for the table doesn't support repair"

The MyISAM tables seem fine for repairing.
jomoweb
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by jomoweb »

Last thing to add, when I open some of the tables the system said had structural errors (for instance, content_seq), a little error appears that says: "No index defined!"

Is this normal.
SpringSummer
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by SpringSummer »

jomoweb wrote:A little error appears that says: "No index defined!"

Is this normal.
It is normal. Some tables do not have an index.

Return to “[locked] Installation, Setup and Upgrade”