SEF Issue Hierarchy Issues

Help with getting the CMS CORE package up and running. This does not include 3rd party modules, PHP scripts, anything downloaded via module manager or from any external source.
marcalle

SEF Issue Hierarchy Issues

Post by marcalle »

I'm running PHP 5.3.21, MySQL 5.1.66, and CMSMS 1.11.4. I used to have PHP 5.2.X and everything worked fine for me.

I havent installed modules at all in over 6 month, this issue just happened when the host upgraded to 5.3. I dont want the hierarchy levels, but I cant make them stop even with the following in the config.php

Code: Select all

$config['use_hierarchy'] = 'false';
This is how URLs used to be: "http://www.website.com/file.html
Now they show up as: "http://www.website.com/parent/file.html

Any suggestions? Please!
Last edited by Dr.CSS on Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please use double quotes on fake links so they aren't clickable...
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Re: SEF Issue Hierarchy Issues

Post by calguy1000 »

I call Shenanigans:

a: The use_hierarchy config option was dropped (and announced as dropped) in CMSMS 1.9, and well described at that time. CMSMS 1.9 was released over 2 years ago.

b: The host upgrading to php 5.3 would NOT change the config options or the behavior of the system wrt. URL behavior.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
marcalle

Re: SEF Issue Hierarchy Issues

Post by marcalle »

That is very odd. I havent updated in a little while. I SWEAR it has been working.

I'll work around it then.

Thanks

Return to “[locked] Installation, Setup and Upgrade”