Fresh Installation, just Text & pics

Help with getting the CMS CORE package up and running. This does not include 3rd party modules, PHP scripts, anything downloaded via module manager or from any external source.
freddydehmel

Fresh Installation, just Text & pics

Post by freddydehmel »

Hi,
i just installed a fresh cmsms without any problems. But there is just the unformatted text and a pic on the site. The backend is fine.
I attached a screenshot.

I looked for the css-files:ok.

What could be my mistake?
Attachments
screenshot fresh install
screenshot fresh install
kissack
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Fresh Installation, just Text & pics

Post by kissack »

same here, fresh install - no front end styling. did you resolve this?

Images missing here and copying the URL reveals they are https: instead!
TheLastLegion
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by TheLastLegion »

kissack CMSMS uses the 'secure' flag in each content page to determine whether to use the root_url or the ssl_url from the config.php to build URLS that are provided to the navigation.

Check your config.php

Regarding unformatted text and pic
1. Go to menumanager and turn off cache (not cacheable) feature
2. Clear site cache (Site Maintainence section)
3. Contact your webhost to see if mod_security is interferring or preventing css files from being generated by smarty. It was a issue for me and my webhost support team ended up whitelisting the rule in mod_security.
kissack
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by kissack »

TheLastLegion, thanks "Check your config.php" - looks ok, a bit minimal compared to older versions.

"menumanager and turn off cache" - was off
"Clear site cache" - tried
"mod_security" - will have a look for this. I am running locally (on a rasberry pi) so can make changes to my hearts content.

The symptoms (no CSS) do remind of when I have moved my live sites (v.1.9.4) locally and then had to tweek the config settings for root and url_root. but this is just a clean install of 1.11.4, so expected it to work out of the box (I am looking to upgrade live site to later version in due course)

Allan
TheLastLegion
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by TheLastLegion »

Allan something tells me this is more of a hosting environment issue than the fresh install, because it actually does work fresh out of the box and no https should be default.Check configuration or try search on this site for disabling ssl.

I do know that Smarty generates the css files, in my case mod_security blocked smarty from running.
kissack
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by kissack »

uninstalled nginx, installed apache2 - all ok now

Allan
ronnylov

Post by ronnylov »

I am having exactly the same problem and I am using nginx too but do not want to install apache. Is there a working setup for nginx or should I switch to some other CMS that I can use with nginx?
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

www.cmsmadesimple.org had a good run with nginx, for a couple of years.

We only changed back to apache2 a couple of months ago when we migrated our websites to a new server.

pretty urls do work, and everything else... but it takes research and experimentation.
All of our instructions are for apache, so you will have to do your googling and adopt the apache rules into suitable nginx rules.

And nginx doesn't support a .htaccess file (IIRC). so you have to be able to directly effect the nginx site configration.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.

Return to “[locked] Installation, Setup and Upgrade”