[solvled] Started getting blank pages after 1 week.

Help with getting the CMS CORE package up and running. This does not include 3rd party modules, PHP scripts, anything downloaded via module manager or from any external source.
RKD in OKC

[solvled] Started getting blank pages after 1 week.

Post by RKD in OKC »

Installed 1.4.1 base on host.

Linux, cpanel.
PHP 5.2.5
MySQL 5.0.51a-community
Apache 2.0.61

Was up and running fine for 1 week with 8 content pages and pisearch the only extra module loaded then started serving completely blank pages. Host says nothing has changed. Getting allowed memory exhausted error. Memory set to 32M in config.php

Backed up the database and tried a clean install. Environment check screen all green except for one yellow ! on timeout, but is 30/within range. Get MySQL config page, enter info then continue and then get blank screen. Error is...

Error is PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 38 bytes) in /home/aceae2/public_html/lib/content.functions.php on line 52.

This is the same error was getting when first install started serving completely blank index and admin pages.

Going to index.php brings up fresh installer environment check page with everything passing as before.

Searched forum and found nothing on this problem.
Last edited by RKD in OKC on Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nullig
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Started getting blank pages after 1 week.

Post by Nullig »

I believe PHP5 usually has a memory requirement of 64M by default. Try removing the memory limit in config.php, or changing it to 64M.

Nullig
RKD in OKC

Post by RKD in OKC »

Environment test page says 24M minimum, 64 recommended. It says it is set to 64M. New install doesn't get to the point that it writes data to config.php.
Pierre M.

Post by Pierre M. »

RKD in OKC wrote: ...New install doesn't get to the point that it writes data to config.php.
So you are trying a reinstall ?
What is the first non green information from the install wizard ?
what are the others ? what checks/steps are ok ? which fails and how ?

Pierre M.
alby

Post by alby »

RKD in OKC wrote: Environment test page says 24M minimum, 64 recommended
Installation read 16M minimum, 24M recommended
This value is relative to default install (core modules only)

RKD in OKC wrote: It says it is set to 64M. New install doesn't get to the point that it writes data to config.php.
Install doesn't get your value and don't write any value in config.php

Alby
RKD in OKC

Post by RKD in OKC »

Yes I have tried a clean install several times, ie delete all files and reload from .zip

Sometimes I tried going thru intall setup with my old config.php and sometimes with a clean empty config.php file.

The memory limit values on the installer check reflect whatever was in the config.php the last time it had data in it, even if it is currenly a blank file.

The Fatal Error always reports whatever the memory limit is set to, that the memory limit is exhausted and that it tried to allocate memory from a script and gives the line, typically a variable definition. See error in first post.

The ONLY non-green is Yellow ! the PHP timeout. It's value is 30 which is the minimum.

The instal does not go far enough to write ANYTHING to the config.php file, ie. totally empty, 0 bytes config.php
Last edited by RKD in OKC on Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
alby

Post by alby »

RKD in OKC wrote: Yes I have tried a clean install several times, ie delete all files and reload from .zip

Sometimes I tried going thru intall setup with my old config.php and sometimes with a clean empty config.php file.

The memory limit values on the installer check reflect whatever was in the config.php the last time it had data in it, even if it is currenly a blank file.
If you have a old config.php with:
ini_set('memory_limit', '32M');
yes, installer read this value until last step

but in empty config.php  ???
Have you a .htaccess in root of cms site or in install subfolder?

RKD in OKC wrote: The instal does not go far enough to write ANYTHING to the config.php file, ie. totally empty, 0 bytes config.php
- call installer with: install/index.php?debug=1
- add with line in index.php:
ini_set('memory_limit', '64M');

Alby
RKD in OKC

Post by RKD in OKC »

Tried renaming htaccess files. Server created new blank htaccess files.

Also tried adding ini_set('memory_limit','64M'); in install/index.php. Changing the memory limit just changes the value that it reports as exhausted. Even bumped it up to 256M for giggles, still exhausted.

Also tried debug=1 and installer goes blank after SQL entry screen exactly the same as without. Log reports same exhausted fatal error.

This error and blank pages started happening AFTER it was running for a week with 8 pages of content with the 24M limit of the very first install.
RKD in OKC

Post by RKD in OKC »

Don't know if this matters, but when I was uploading the package the very first time, I was getting out of disk space ftp errors and there was plenty of disk space on the host. The provider increased the disk space and the uploads have not had any errors after that. On the fresh installs I've tried both uploading both the packed and unpacked files with same exhausted error results.

I'm thinking it's got to be some kind of permissions issue.
RKD in OKC

Re: [solvled] Started getting blank pages after 1 week.

Post by RKD in OKC »

Host downgraded PHP to 4.4.7 and seems to be working again.

Return to “[locked] Installation, Setup and Upgrade”