Problem renaming Admin Directory 2.1.4 and 2.1.5

Help with getting the CMS CORE package up and running. This does not include 3rd party modules, PHP scripts, anything downloaded via module manager or from any external source.
magallo
Forum Members
Forum Members

Problem renaming Admin Directory 2.1.4 and 2.1.5

Post by magallo »

Hi Guys, i have a fresh install of 2.1.5 and i can't get to rename the admin directory.

I rename the folder and then i add this line to config.php:
$config['admin_dir'] ="adminxxx";

when i navigate to the directory i get:

Fatal error: Uncaught --> Smarty: Unable to load template file 'login.tpl' <-- thrown in /home/......../html/lib/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php on line 127

I was lso having big trouble moving the installation from a temporary directory into the main directory. Files (modules i think) were still looking for the old directory. I now have the old directory sitting with just the modules files. I hope i'll be able to sort that out as well.

Thanks for the help
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Re: Problem renaming Admin Directory 2.1.4 and 2.1.5

Post by calguy1000 »

Every time you change the config.php file you absolutely must clear the cache... manually if necessary.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
magallo
Forum Members
Forum Members

[SOLVED] Re: Problem renaming Admin Directory 2.1.4 and 2.1.

Post by magallo »

seems like clearing the cache from the admin interface did not do the work. After manually clearing the cache i was able to get into the new admin folder.

Return to “[locked] Installation, Setup and Upgrade”