2.1.3 Admin Login - OneEleven Admin page doesn't load

Help with getting the CMS CORE package up and running. This does not include 3rd party modules, PHP scripts, anything downloaded via module manager or from any external source.
bunratty49

2.1.3 Admin Login - OneEleven Admin page doesn't load

Post by bunratty49 »

Symptoms: Admin login page loads, accepts username and password, results in a blank page. No php errors, no design errors, no clues. The Admin Log shows that I have logged in (but of course, I can't do anything). The username and password are correct. (The live site is working perfectly.)

If I refresh the cmsms software on the server (thank you for that feature!), I can use the link at the end of the process to go directly to the OneEleven Admin page. As long as I stay logged in, I can access and do anything needed. I am using Safari on an iMac running El Capitan. The server is running Linux, PHP 5.5.36, mySQL 5.6.29, and Apache 2.4.12.

I have been working on this for a while, starting with installing locally using MAMP. I finally decided there was something wrong with my local configuration, so I moved everything to a subdomain of the live site. The current settings are the result of cleaning/tweaking/testing and trying any suggestions I could find in the Forum, and though my site is much better than it was, nothing I have done has solved the problem. (I did find two entries in the OneEleven css file with double semi-colons, but...)

Any ideas? Thanks!
bunratty49

Re: 2.1.3 Admin Login - OneEleven Admin page doesn't load

Post by bunratty49 »

Since no one made any guesses about my problem, I decided to upgrade to 2.1.4 (couldn't hurt, right?). The upgrade was easy and clean, but I still have the problem with logging in to the admin page. If I refresh the software and use the link at the end, I go straight into the admin page. If I use the login page with any valid username and password, I get a blank page (but the admin log says I have logged in).

I discovered this sequence: Navigating to my url/admin/ (with a trailing /) takes me to the standard login page. After logging in using the login page and getting a blank page, navigating to the url/admin (with no trailing /) will take me directly to the admin page. The log shows only the one login. Everything works fine after that.

Anyone know what might be going on?
Rolf
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by Rolf »

Just wondering how you can read the admin log if you get a white page after entering the admin panel?
- + - + - + - + - + - + -
LATEST TUTORIAL AT CMS CAN BE SIMPLE:
Migrating Company Directory module to LISE
- + - + - + - + - + - + -
bunratty49

Post by bunratty49 »

After I manage to get to the Admin Console (by refreshing the software and using the link at the end), I am able to do all admin functions with no problems, including looking at the log and clearing cache, etc.

Return to “[locked] Installation, Setup and Upgrade”