[Solved] Expanded upgrade, can't get past step 2

Help with getting the CMS CORE package up and running. This does not include 3rd party modules, PHP scripts, anything downloaded via module manager or from any external source.
SimonF
Forum Members
Forum Members

[Solved] Expanded upgrade, can't get past step 2

Post by SimonF »

Hello,

I am trying to upgrade a 2.1.1 installation to 2.1.2. The PHAR process fails with the "too many redirects" error, but since my host redirects the folder path of /home/'username'/public_html/'domainname'/'websitename' to the 'http://www.domainname.org.uk path I assume this is why.
I checked and PHAR is installed, EXT v2.0.2 , API 1.1.1 with everything listed as enabled.

So, I'm trying the expanded version. I have copied the files up to the server using Filezilla in Binary mode, into a subfolder where my 2.1.1. site exists. Step one lets me pick the parent folder as the installation location, quoting the /home/ path above, along with all the Version numbers of 2.0 Australia, Schema 200 and installation date.

When I click "Upgrade" nothing happens. No error message, no hourglass, nothing.

Right, stop right there. As I was writing this I had a thought and tried the process in Firefox, since I was using Chrome. It worked since I then saw a popup box asking if I wanted to continue with the upgrade.

I decided to finish this post in case it helps someone else, or if anyone can explain why Chrome didn't allow the popup to open. I have Adblock+ installed, but it was showing nothing as blocked.

I've marked it as solved since I have performed the upgrade, but still wondering why Chrome didn't allow it.

Return to “[locked] Installation, Setup and Upgrade”