1.10.3 -> 1.11.full

Help with getting the CMS CORE package up and running. This does not include 3rd party modules, PHP scripts, anything downloaded via module manager or from any external source.
Mats Helge

1.10.3 -> 1.11.full

Post by Mats Helge »

Hi,

I ran into problems upgrading my cmsms 1.10.3 to 1.11.
I upgraded one module that was upgradable and after this I replaced files on my server just like the guide tells me. when going to install/upgrade and clicking "submit" an error-screen appears and shows this:

Code: Select all

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(\\vhosts3share01\phpsessions$\sess_cbdmi5if9kv6tshe8vq6m65ov3, O_RDWR) 
failed: Invalid argument (22) in xxx\user\htdocs\include.php on line 51

Session not working, you have problem with some modules and functionality! Ask your provider, exiting!?

Warning: Unknown: open(\\vhosts3share01\phpsessions$\sess_cbdmi5if9kv6tshe8vq6m65ov3, O_RDWR) failed: Invalid argument (22) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (\\vhosts3share01\phpsessions$) in Unknown on line 0
The line 51 of include.php is as follows:

Code: Select all

if(!@session_id()) session_start();
I have no idea what could be causing this and now as I already uploaded the upgrade-files to my server I cannot even acces my admin pages.

Gladly I do have backup of files prior to upgrade, but I dont want to fallback just yet, before getting some info from you wizards :)

thanks again.
velden
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: 1.10.3 -> 1.11.full

Post by velden »

What is the version of php used on this server?
Mats Helge

Post by Mats Helge »

Hi,

it's PHP 5.2

thanks.
velden
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by velden »

http://docs.cmsmadesimple.org/installation/requirements

Read the yellow marked line with the big exclamation mark:
After the 1.11 series of CMSMS, PHP 5.3.2 and greater will be required.
This would be (one of) your problem(s) probably.
Mats Helge

Post by Mats Helge »

Well I guess the joke's on me then. Thanks, I will fallback and then try to get my php upgraded first.

Cheers again.

Return to “[locked] Installation, Setup and Upgrade”