CMSMS 1.11.10 fesh install - admin buttons not working!

Help with getting the CMS CORE package up and running. This does not include 3rd party modules, PHP scripts, anything downloaded via module manager or from any external source.
sandaha
Forum Members
Forum Members

CMSMS 1.11.10 fesh install - admin buttons not working!

Post by sandaha »

Hi all,
Subject says it all really. I successfully installed CMSMS 1.11.10 and logged in to the backend. Everything seems to work fine except for the admin navigation buttons on the left (ie "Content" "layout" etc). If I click them, they don't slide open.

I thought maybe it was something in the install. So deleted everything and tried again. Same result. Deleted everything and installed a fresh version 1.11.9. Same result.

This is probably the 10th version of CMSMS I've installed, but I've never encountered this before. Does anyone have any ideas?
chandra

Re: CMSMS 1.11.10 fesh install - admin buttons not working!

Post by chandra »

The slides in admin area are done by Javascript.

So there are only two reasons for your problem.

1. It's not allowed to run Javascript in your browser (check this with different browsers).

2. The needed Javascript (located in folder /libs) is not available on your server or the files are corrupted (check the mode of your FTP program and stay secure binary mode is used, NOT ASCII).
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

Does it work in a different browser, and/or with the browser cache cleared?
uniqu3

Post by uniqu3 »

If JavaScript functions and actions ain't working then it means that most possibly some JS file wasn't loaded, is corrupted or there is some error in some JS code.
To figure out what it is use a Browser built in Developer tool (usually in any browser F12 key or right click "Inspect target") or Firebug plugin and look in "Console", there will be some error listed, with that error we are maybe able to help or figure out what is causing this behavior.
sandaha
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by sandaha »

uniqu3 wrote:If JavaScript functions and actions ain't working then it means that most possibly some JS file wasn't loaded, is corrupted or there is some error in some JS code.
To figure out what it is use a Browser built in Developer tool (usually in any browser F12 key or right click "Inspect target") or Firebug plugin and look in "Console", there will be some error listed, with that error we are maybe able to help or figure out what is causing this behavior.
Thanks all, and apologies for my delay getting back to this issue.

I have tried uniqu3's suggestion above with inspect and gotten the following 2 errors:

GET 'http://www.mydomain.com/new2014/admin/t ... kie.min.js' 406 (Not Acceptable)

TypeError: 'undefined' is not a function (evaluating '$.cookie('sidebar-pref')')

I have to admit, I'm not at all sure what either means though
Last edited by velden on Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quotes around fake url so it's not clickable
chandra

Post by chandra »

Have you tried to upload /libs and /admin folder again?

Maybe there are some files corrupt ...
uniqu3

Post by uniqu3 »

This may also indicate that your host has setup some Security Filter settings that may be blocking jquery.cookie.js from loading.
Best to consult you host for assistance or clarification about the problem, in theory one can disable Security filters in .htaccess with "SecFilterEngine Off" rule if your host allows it.
sandaha
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by sandaha »

uniqu3 wrote:This may also indicate that your host has setup some Security Filter settings that may be blocking jquery.cookie.js from loading.
Best to consult you host for assistance or clarification about the problem, in theory one can disable Security filters in .htaccess with "SecFilterEngine Off" rule if your host allows it.
Yeah, I'm beginning to suspect it has something to do with the host. In reply to chandra, I have tried re-uploading libs and admin. Several times. As well as fresh installs.

I'll report back how it goes with host. In case anyone else ever has the same issue. Thanks for your help.
paulbaker
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by paulbaker »

Just to add to uniqu3's theory, I had these exact symptoms and they were cured when the host switched off mod security, see:

http://forum.cmsmadesimple.org/viewtopi ... 82#p300682

Return to “[locked] Installation, Setup and Upgrade”