Problem with creating users with FEU from within admin

The place to talk about things that are related to CMS Made simple, but don't fit anywhere else.
blackhawk
Power Poster
Power Poster

Problem with creating users with FEU from within admin

Post by blackhawk »

Hi. I am running Windows 7 enterprise with Service Pack 1 and 64-bit OS. The localhost environment is running in IIS, version 7.5.7.600.16385. Within my IIS virtual directory, I'm running CMS Made Simple 1.12, which is using PHP 5.6.0 and MySQL 5.6.25

Here's a list of all the modules installed in my CMSMS test site:

CGExtensions 1.48.5
CGSimpleSmarty 1.9.1
CMSMailer 5.2.2
CMSPrinting 1.0.5
FileManager 1.4.5
FrontEndUsers 1.29
MenuManager 1.8.6
MicroTiny 1.2.9
ModuleManager 1.5.8
News 2.15.1
Search 1.7.12
ThemeManager 1.1.8

The problem appears to be involving a specific module, the Front End Users Module. After having all these modules properly installed / displayed under my Modules window, here are steps I took to generate the problem:

1. I went into Users and Groups -> Front End User Management

2. I created 2 properties. One called "Full Name" as a text field, and another called "Gender" as a Dropdown, with options for either Male, Female.

3. I then created a group called "ecommerce", and assigned both my properties as "optional" to this group.

4. I then attempted to create a user. I clicked the "add user" button.

5. I then placed an email and password into the required input fields for this new user.

6. I then clicked "Next" at the bottom of the page

7. On the next page, the screen is asking me to put in a Full Name for this new user. I did that. I then provided a Gender.

8. When I click Submit, I get a red text statement on the same page that says "Field 'password' doesn't have a default value".

The page will not progress beyond this point. I cannot create a new user. Did I miss any steps which would be causing this statement to occur?

Thanks
Last edited by blackhawk on Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:49 am, edited 10 times in total.
Dr.CSS

Re: CMSMS 1.12 breaksdown with Products 2.24.1

Post by Dr.CSS »

That is certainly not enuf info to help anyone, unless you were just letting us know what's going on with your site...

http://forum.cmsmadesimple.org/viewtopi ... =40&t=2661
blackhawk
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: CMSMS 1.12 breaksdown with Products 2.24.1

Post by blackhawk »

Dr.CSS, I just updated my original post to help track down the issue I was facing earlier, which was too broad and not test properly on my end. I did a 2nd clean installation and was able to pin-point my issue. Please read my original post again which now has detailed info / steps taken to deal with my issue.

Thanks for any feedback!

Return to “The Lounge”