Browser compatibility Issues

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
wakewatcher
Forum Members
Forum Members

Browser compatibility Issues

Post by wakewatcher »

I've got a recurring issue. (Actually probably not recurring but outstanding.) I thought I had this fixed. http://forum.cmsmadesimple.org/viewtopi ... =7&t=65361 but apparently not. I thought it was related to the FEU module but now I'm wondering if it is a general issue. You can see the behaviour on this screencast http://screencast.com/t/nBZ2bMyv.

As mentioned in that post I thought it went away when I added the line to the config.php file. (At least it exhibited that it went away on my machine.) However now I'm thinking it went away because, as instructed, I cleared the cache when I edited the config.php file.

But A few days ago I got contacted by one of my users describing the same problem as shown in the screencast. Sure enough when I went and tried using IE I had the same problem as well. When I cleared the cache then the problem went away FOR ME. But he was still having the same problem after I cleared the cache. Our versions of IE are same.

I then tried it on my work office machine and I'm having the same problem as he is. At work I fired up admin and cleared the cache and no joy on IE. But as the screencast shows the (feu) table registers that I've logged in I (we) just don't get the 'signout' page (normally replaces the login page) AND the protected content does not become visible despite being logged in. (I also looked at other tables but really didn't know what I was looking for to see if something else needed to change to make the protected content visisble.)

[THINKING OUT LOUD MODE ON]
I'm trying to think this through. I would have thought that if this was an feu module issue then perhaps just the signout page would not appear but since the the protected content tab doesn't display then I'm thinking it is more general in nature. As I assume that if feu knows enough to note me logged in to the feuser_loggedin table that it does whatever else would be necessary to display the protected content tab. (As an aside of course the logged in user, me, is in the group that has access to the protected content.)

This just seems weird. First of all since there is such a drastic difference in browser behaviour (even the same version of the same browser) and not just some css sort of thing. Secondly if it didn't register in the loggedin table then I could better accept/understand that it might be some html form not getting passed back properly.
[THINKING OUT LOUD MODE OFF]

I have of course have not touched any cmsms source code. (Other than the config.php file)

Anyone seen this before or can point me in some direction so I can dig deeper?

-steve-

Config.php file for cmsms version 1.11.4

Code: Select all

# CMS Made Simple Configuration File
# Documentation: /doc/CMSMS_config_reference.pdf
#
$config['dbms'] = 'mysql';
$config['db_hostname'] = 'localhost';
$config['db_username'] = 'xxxxx';
$config['db_password'] = 'xxxxP';
$config['db_name'] = 'xxxxx';
$config['db_prefix'] = 'cms_';
#$config['timezone'] = 'America/New_York';
$config['admin_dir'] ="adminxxxxx";
$config['url_rewriting'] = 'mod_rewrite';
$config['page_extension'] = '.html';
Installed cmsms modules
CMSMailer 5.2.1
CMSPrinting 1.0.3
FileManager 1.4.3
MenuManager 1.8.5
ModuleManager 1.5.5
News 2.12.10
Search 1.7.7
ThemeManager 1.1.7
CGExtensions 1.31.4
FrontEndUsers 1.21.2
CustomContent 1.8.3
SelfRegistration 1.7.4
Captcha 0.4.5
TinyMCE 2.9.12
FEUMailer 0.9.4
CGCalendar 1.10.2
JM_Forum 1.0.0
Internet Explorer version IE version 9.08122.16421 and plugins as below.
Name Shockwave Flash Object
Publisher Adobe Systems Incorporated
Status Enabled

Name Adobe PDF Link Helper
Publisher Adobe Systems, Incorporated
Status Enabled
Load time 0.01 s
Navigation time 0.01 s

Name Microsoft Silverlight
Publisher Microsoft Corporation
Status Enabled

Name Office Document Cache Handler
Publisher Microsoft Corporation
Status Enabled
Load time 0.02 s
Navigation time 0.00 s

Name Send to OneNote
Publisher Not Available
Status Enabled

Name OneNote Linked Notes
Publisher Not Available
Status Enabled

Name Skype Browser Helper
Publisher Skype Technologies SA
Status Disabled

Name Skype Click to Call
Publisher Skype Technologies SA
Status Enabled
Dr.CSS

Re: Browser compatibility Issues

Post by Dr.CSS »

FEUMailer hasn't been upgraded in a while, you may want to go thru all your modules to make sure they are compatible with the latest CMSMS...

Last Release Date: 2011-05-18 (21 months ago)
wakewatcher
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by wakewatcher »

Thanks. Let me add that this cmsms instance was a virgin install on 2/14 and I used the module manager to install all the modules during the week or so that followed. I'm assuming the module manager is picking up the latest modules. Right?
Dr.CSS

Post by Dr.CSS »

It should but that doesn't mean they are compatible with latest CMSMS...
wakewatcher
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by wakewatcher »

Oh. Thanks for the tip. I uninstalled FEUMailer and it didn't make any difference to this behavior. Incidentally how would one check if they are compatible with the latest CMSMS? thx.

Return to “CMSMS Core”